74. Don't Deserve The Honor

"Where is the grieving husband?" Taelon questioned as Aemond hugged him. 

"He was here." Nyra remarked. 

"Perhaps its bed time and I find the cunt." Taelon declared as he looked around. 

"I want to kill him." Thorin corrected. 

"No bud, you are going to keep your siblings safe. This is a new area. I want you to stay with them and protect them." Taelon countered. 

''I will get them inside." Nyra agreed as he kissed her. "Alright, time for bed.' Nyra declared. 

"Protect them from what?" Thorin countered as Aemond pulled away from Taelon. 

"From anyone and everyone that wants to hurt them." 

"She is my mother." Thorin reminded him. "Daemon took her from me. I want to see the fear in his eyes when he knows its over." Taelon brought a hand to Thorin's face. 

"Have faith in me. I need you safe though. I will make him suffer." Taelon assured. 

''I'm going to bed, Aemma.'' Viserys remarked and Alicent stared at him a moment.

''Shall I see after Queen Alicent, Your Grace?'' ser Harrold asked, making sure to annunciate Alicent.

''No, Ser Harrold. You have the night's watch, Ser Criston.'' Viserys told him

''Yes, Lord Commander.'' Criston agreed.

"He is tired, had too much to drink." Taelon offered giving Alicent's arm a squeeze as he passed. 

"Thorin why don't you help me with Luke and Nymeria?" Nyra suggested reaching a hand out for him. 

"Yes mum." Thorin agreed. He turned back to Taelon. "If you need me-"

"I will call you." Taelon assured. "But this is something I have to do alone."

+

''She wanted to come home and he denied her.'' Rhaenys hissed that night

''Daemon did what he thought best.'' Corlys countered

''Daemon only ever does what is best for Daemon. Laena needed our maesters.'' Rhaenys spat

''The surgeons in Pentos are as well-trained as our maesters. You are looking to place blame for an act of the gods.'' Corlys corrected

''Mayhaps the gods have scorned us... for our insatiable pride.'' Rhaenys remarked softly as she let her ring clink to the ground.

''The crown was yours until those fools at the Great Council plucked it from your head. Is it such a terrible thing for your husband to wish to win it back?'' Corlys asked incredulously.

''Tonight of all nights, let us lay aside this falsehood. It is not justice for your wife that drives you. It is your own ambition.'' 

+

"I figured I would find you slinking away from your own wifes funeral." Taelon declared and Daemon faltered in his step. 

"Not sure what you mean, nephew... just a walk on the shores." Daemon corrected as he gripped tight the hilt of his sword. 

"Did you have to kill this wife too?" Taelon questioned. 

"No, she killed herself. What a relief." Daemon declared happily as Taelon got closer. 

"You bashed Rhae's head in." Taelon recalled. "Never gave her a chance. She was a lovely woman, a great mother to Thorin... its a shame your own ambitions for the crown something you would never have clouded your minuscule brain into thinking that killing her would get you what you wanted."