First Day

Last night, I showed a side to me I didn't even know existed. A side I wasn't allowed to show back home with my aunt. To be honest, it was therapeutic letting my feelings out and just crying. Even if my eyes were mad puffy afterwards . It was 7 a.m., and I was getting ready for my first day of work. I felt so nervous already, what if I mess up ?. In the end, I decided whatever happens, happens, and I should just enjoy my first day.

When I entered the living room Jeongin was already putting on his shoes by the door. He looked ready to go.

"Good morning Lix, how are you feeling?" He asked.

"Morning, I feel better" I smiled. I did feel better, like a huge weight was lifted off my chest.

"Good. We'll get breakfast on the way, since we don't have time to prepare any." He said, opening the door and motioning for me to go out first.

On our way, we bought ham sandwiches and coffee from Ordinary cafe. Only Seungmin was at the cafe this morning, he told us that Chan went to deliver flowers.

During our 30-minute bus ride, We ate our breakfast on the bus and before we knew it we made it to the country club. The country club was huge, much bigger than I expected it to be. It was located in a gated community, the bus wasn't allowed to go through. The outside of it was painted white and had an old but fancy look to it. Like it had been around for years but it was maintained properly throughout those years. There were golf carts packed outside and the front yard had short hedges. The front entrance was a portico and beneath it was a small fountain. The entrance led us to the reception and lounge area, which was decorated nicely with modern furniture.We made our way through and greeted every guest we passed. Until we were in another part, with a middle-aged man now standing in front of us. He wore a black suit with a fancy name tag that read manager.

"Is this the kid ?" he asked Jeongin, eyeing me up and down. Like he was inspecting me for anything suspicious.

"Yes sir" jeongin replied.

"Good, then I'm assigning you two to assist Mrs. Hwang and her son today."

"Mrs. Hwang...her son....you mean Hyunjin ? Why is he not with his friend today ?" Jeongin titled his head.

"Does it matter ?, just make sure Felix doesn't mess up today, he brings good money to the club."

"If by money, you mean women, then okay" Jeongin muttered.

"I heard that, it's still money, those women paid thousands of dollars for their membership, even if it's them just wanting to get closer to Mr. Hwang's boy, now get to work."

.....

My hands were killing me. How long did we have to walk again? Why is this place so big ?. We were headed to the tennis court. I was holding a basket filled with tennis balls while Jeongin held the tennis rackets. We had both changed into our uniforms, which were a white button-up polo and white shorts that were way above the knee. The weather wasn't helping either, it was hot and the sun was burning the exposed parts of my skin while we walked. To pass the time, I decided to ask a question I'd been wanting to ask since earlier.

"Who's Hyunjin?." I said out loud.

That startled Jeongin. "He's the youngest son of the Hwang family. They're very rich, like old money rich. His father owns a huge financing company and his mom owns a high fashion company. He has modeled for it in the past. Although he's the youngest son out of three. He's next in line to inherit his fathers company."

"you know a lot a about him," I said, finding this topic very interesting.

"That's because he's here almost everyday with his best friend, Minho, another son of an old money family. The two of them are usually here to play tennis, and when they are here,that's all the other employees and female guests talk about. Since Hyunjin is extremely attractive." Jeonjin rolled his eyes. "Well Minho too, but let's stay on topic."