Nobody else but you

Felix's pov

A candle flickers on my nightstand the pleasant aroma of cinnamon calming me just a bit. But it's not enough for me to fall asleep.

And as chilly as I am I push my blanket to the side, sitting up and bringing my knees to my chest.

11:40 pm I think I've had enough deep thoughts for tonight.

I take my phone from under my pillow. And it's quiet until a soothing voice on the other side of the phone answers,

"And why aren't you asleep?"

"Mmm" I feel my lips already curving into a small smile "I just can't." 

"Can't what?"

"Shut my eyes."

"Are you feeling alright?"

I pause, turning to see the candle on my nightstand has stopped lighting. "Hyunjin."

"Yes."

"Come see me."

...

12:20 am and the moon makes everything look so beautiful. The snow, the empty streets even Hyunjin's black Tesla.

I open the door, making eye contact with Hyunjin before I plop down on the seat on the passenger side.

And I exhale as I unzip my yellow coat, not taking it off and you can see my pajama shirt now. I decided only to change my pajama shorts and slip into this coat. I just wanted to make sure that I was warm enough. I don't really care how I look at this time in the morning.

His outfit ୨୧

The light turns on in the car and I turn to stare at Hyunjin, startled only a little

"You never answered my question."

I stare at his beautiful face and then into his captivating brown eyes.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" He asks and for some reason his question makes me smile. And for the first time in a while, I say these words so confidently—so truthfully.

"Yes, I feel fine—I'm okay Jinnie."

He leans forward slightly, taking my hand and kissing my knuckles gently with his plump lips. I feel my skin tingle and suddenly I feel warm even though I just walked outside in the cold.

"Good" he begins his serious change in tone already shifting the atmosphere in the car. "Because I wanted to talk to you about something," he tells me, pulling away and staring into my eyes.

"How do you feel about meeting my Dad?"

Something inside me tenses. "Your Da-dad?"