Seek and destroy

"Playtime is over Felix."

Felix's pov (before Hyunjin showed up)

How?

How is it that you always find me?

My fist clenches as fear seeps into my veins numbing my body on the spot. "Aunt Fiona."

"Oh don't look at me like that dear nephew how long are you expecting to stay away from home?" she takes a step closer and although my mind is screaming for my body to move—I don't even shift a muscle.

"How—" I say but I can't even feel myself breathe "How did you find me?"

"How you ask..." She takes a couple of steps closer and once again my body doesn't even shift. "I think you forgot that you stole something from me, Felix," she tells me and I immediately remember what it is.

"Did you think you could just use my credit card freely without me at least knowing which city you're in?"

I swallow dryly, unable to help with the parched feeling in my throat. I can't even recall the last time I used it. But does that mean she always knew about my whereabouts...why did she take so long to come find me then?

"But if I'm being honest" she continues like she's having fun tormenting me like this "What really led me to you was knowing that you work as a model now and seeing your pretty little face all over magazine covers...tell me are you enjoying all the attention?"

My heart collapses at her words it's like she's been watching me all this time.

"Is this the type of life you want to live now? Wearing makeup and dressing up in outfits that only women are meant to wear. I thought I raised you better than this."

A bitter laugh escapes me as anger wells up in my chest "By better do you mean abusing me?" I finally feel my muscles untense. "By not allowing me to express myself freely and keeping me trapped in that house all the time?—If anything you only fucked up my life."

I hear gasps and whispering and only now do I realize the endless eyes watching us, including Jisung who's standing to the side.

There's a scary look in Aunt Fiona's eyes now, one I'm familiar with and I'm surprised she hasn't slapped me yet.

"The nerve of you to say all that to me after all I've done for you," she says,  and if anything it only makes me—want to slap her.

"I wish you never did anything for me and I wish you never raised me—don't you get it—I just want you out of my life." As I'm saying these words for the first time, it's like I'm peeling off a bandaid I don't need anymore—since the deep cut I've had for years is finally healed.

Aunt Fiona's eyes widen but before she could respond I continue with so much rage in my voice that I know everybody in the room can feel it,

"I'm afraid of the dark because of you...I have nightmares because of you..."

She glares at me and I know there's no way she'll ever understand all the suffering she's put me through.

"You can't leave me like how your mom did Felix—" she begins changing her tone and expression as if she wants me to feel bad for her "You're all that I have left."

But I only feel utter disgust. "My mom didn't die for you to have me."

I think I hear it.

Something in her snap.

But it was only a thin thread.

I know her after all.

She's the woman who raised me
and hurt me.