Better things

Felix's pov

𝖨𝗍'𝗌 𝖽𝖺𝗋𝗄, 𝖽𝖺𝗋𝗄, 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗂𝖺𝗋.

𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝗉𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗌𝗁𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝗋𝗈𝗈𝗆. 𝖳𝗁𝖺𝗍'𝗌 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝖨 𝖺𝗆.

I feel my muscles spasm as panic jolts through my body and my eyes fly open. I'm awake and it's not dark. It was a nightmare. A dumb dream I always have. I know it was but it always manages to scare me. The one where my aunt punishes me by locking me in a dark room.Where she–

"Baby."

Hyunjin's soft voice helps me escape my panicked thoughts and I meet his eyes, just to feel a soft blanket of calmness cover me. I can tell he's been awake for a while. Was he watching me sleep?

"Were you having a nightmare?" He asks, pulling me closer.

I'm silent for a moment and I let my thoughts take over. Yesterday—no I don't want to think about it. I snuggle closer to Hyunjin's chest and I finally mutter "Yes" I meet his worried eyes, giving him a small smile. "But I'm okay. You're here after all" The last part leaves my lips as nothing but a whisper. It's going to take some time to get used to, this.

"It wasn't a dream right?" I ask softly, wanting to talk about anything but my aunt.

"What?" He responds, matching my tone but sounding confused.

"Last night" I pause, feeling butterflies enter my stomach. "When you told me you l-love me?"

"It wasn't" he responds right away "It wasn't a dream and I meant every single word I said to you." He's staring into my eyes and his words sound so true, so loving. Heat rushes to my cheeks.t I can't believe we're a couple now. I press my lips together, looking away and down at our bodies pressed together under the sheets. His strong arms around my waist always make me feel the safest. But of course, he doesn't let my eyes leave him for too long. His arm around my waist moves and when I'm looking at him again, he's cupping my face with his large hand and rubbing my earlobe gently.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, tone still soft. Everything about him is gentle right now. His voice, his touch, the way he keeps rubbing my ear. He acted like this last night too. When he comforted me in the car and also when we got back to his apartment. I know what he's asking but I can't tell him how I actually feel. I can't tell him that I'm not scared right now. But every time I think about going outside and seeing my aunt again. My whole existence feels like it's crumbling apart.

I rub my cheek against the palm of his hand almost like how cats do it to show their affection. "Better," I say with a small smile. I am better, it's not like I'm lying.

Hyunjin laughs lightly. The sound making the butterflies in my stomach flutter. "And how does your body feel? I know I was a little rough last night." His question makes my mind linger and I feel my cheeks heat even more. I have no idea why I acted like that last night and why Hyunjin even put up with my horniness, to begin with.

"I-I'm fine," I tell him "I liked it—" I bite my bottom lip, feeling tingles all over. "I like it when you're rough with me." I let the words slip out silently one by one, not really processing the sentences in my head, and as Hyunjin's expression changes. I slowly realize what I said.

He smirks, still gently rubbing my earlobe between his two fingers. "Well, it was obvious that you liked it" his voice lowers, "Even if you acted all bratty, you kept begging me to not stop." His eyes darken and something in the air changes between us. "Do you know how hard it was for me to hold back?" He asks, voice oozing with lust.