Your eyes

Felix's pov

"Well someone looks excited."

"Aren't you?" I spin around, stopping on the sidewalk to wait for Hyunjin. "Come on slow pokes" I grin, stretching out my hand to him and waiting for him to grab it.

He smiles at me, lovingly, like he always does. Before taking my hand and sliding his fingers into mine.

To say I'm excited is an understatement. For two days now I've thought about this date. I mean just look at my outfit.

Can you guess where they're going? 🤭

....

After what feels like a few minutes walk down the sidewalk. We find ourselves standing in front of Cat Café Mocha.

Once we're inside the first thing we do is remove our shoes and change into comfortable white slippers.

Then we pay at a machine and we're given a tiny slip, showing details such as the amount of time we're allowed to stay at the cafe and anything else that's important. We also paid a separate fee for drinks and dessert.

We place our coats in a locker which we were able to unlock because of a number written on our slip. And in the next room, we're finally able to meet the cats—lots and lots of cats. Big ones, small ones, fluffy cats, and even cats without fur.

The room is warm,
large
but cozy
and we're not the only ones here.
There's one other couple, two girls on the other side of the room, and a table of three friends, judging by the crown on one of the girl's heads I think it's her birthday.

You can either sit at a table or on the floor on top of a cushion. We decide to sit on the floor since I think we'll be closer to the cats.
And I'm right.
Because the moment Hyunjin and I sit down three cats come up to us—more like me. And I don't hesitate to reach out and begin petting them one by one.

"Looks like you're popular" Hyunjin remarks and I smile watching a fluffy white cat walk up to us. Now there are four.

She comes straight up to me, letting me pet her soft white fur and I swear she must be the prettiest cat I've ever seen.

"What jealous?" I say, turning to Hyunjin with a cocky smile.

"Of a few cats?... I don't think so sweetheart" He smirks, sexily, and I of course feel my heartbeat flutter. And I know I'm blushing so I turn my head, focusing my attention back to the cats.

I've never been to a cat cafe but the atmosphere of this one is really comforting. As for the interior, it's decorated in a way that I can only describe as '𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘮.'
Wooden furniture,
lots of warm colors like brown, orange, and yellow.
Hanging ceiling lights and of course everything else is to accommodate the needs of the cats.

I think it's easy to tell who's the most excited but it was my idea to come to this place and I was even more excited when Hyunjin said yes.

"Oh no..." I trail off, frowning as I watch the four cats walk away and they go up to the two girls across us who begin feeding them snacks.

"Do you want to do that as well?" I turn to Hyunjin, nodding when I realize what he means "Then here" he smiles already pulling his card out of his wallet "Go get yourself some cat snacks"

Smiling I stand up, taking the card from his hand. And after getting a tiny bag of treats I return to see something I would never expect. Squealing quietly, I watch as Hyunjin pets a green-eyed orange cat. The cat climbs onto his lap, making itself comfortable and I can only do one thing to capture this precious moment for me to always remember.

So I quickly pull out my phone, snapping two pictures before Hyunjin lifts his head to stare at me, giving me a What were you doing just now look.

My eyes soften as I stare back at him, giddy warmth spreading through my chest at the same time. How could one man be so perfect—how could my first love be so beautiful?