Fancy you

Felix's Pov

As if what had happened in the storage room the other day was just a fever dream. I'm back to my regular routine, and although I still get shaken up every time I hear the slightest of sounds. That doesn't stop me from going to work at the country club and hanging out with Jeongin and sometimes Jisung. I've occasionally thought about Hyunjin during these days, but that can't be helped and I haven't seen or heard from him but that's to be expected. He has his own life and priorities to worry about, and sadly I'm not one of those priorities. I can't lie, I do miss him, and I sometimes find myself waking up in the middle of the night from nightmares wishing he was there to comfort me. That feeling of his strong arms around my waist and his fingers running through my hair is something I just can't seem to forget about.

I packed the rest of the dishes into the cupboard and made my way to the living room. Today was my turn to wash the dishes and Jeongin is currently at the bakery just across the street from our apartment, buying freshly baked bread. I won't be doing anything this evening, might watch a movie later with Jeongin on the couch or just journal and go to bed. These days have been pretty uneventful but I'm not complaining. Being away from my controlling aunt is better than anything and besides, I like the peace that I have. I changed through channels on the television, finding it hard to find something to watch. I exhaled, settling on Animal planet. What's taking Jeongin so long ?. He would normally be back by now.

"FELIX OMG FELIX—" the door slammed suddenly and I jolted upwards. My eyes widened, he was breathing so hard, and what's that in his hand ?. "What's wrong with you Jeongin ?"  I got up rushing towards him. "YOU'RE ON THIS MAGAZINE COVER" he screamed, lifting a magazine to my face and he wasn't joking. There I am, on the cover of a freaking fashion magazine. I slapped a hand over my mouth, holding in my scream. The last thing I'd want is to get noise complaints from our neighbors, and we still might, with all the noise Jeongin is making. "You look so fucking good, I'm so proud of you," Jeongin squealed, pulling me into a hug and I hugged him back giggling. We both hugged each other tightly while we jumped up and down and I could feel it getting harder and harder to breathe. I had no idea I'd be put on the cover of the magazine. "Big magazines like this one, typically portray a well-known celebrity or some random rich person on their cover, but omg Felix they chose you" Jeongin pulled away smiling at me, adoration laced in his voice and I wanted to just stop time and seal this moment forever. How I felt, Jeongin's expression, and the way his eyes twinkled. "Stop you're going to make me cry" I sniffled. An overwhelming feeling took over me and for the first time in my life I wanted to cry because I was happy and not because I was hurting."Don't you dare, because I have more good news" Jeongin's smile widened and it only made his eyes look smaller. Cute. He dug into his pocket, pulling out a black envelope with my name written in gold. I gasped. "Where did you get that, also where did you get the magazine from ?." Last time I checked he said he was going to the bakery across the street and not a Magazine shop.

"Oh the magazine-" Jeongin muttered, scratching his head. "I saw some girls reading it outside the bakery and I grabbed it from them when I saw your face on the cover." He finished and my eyes went wide. "Omg are you insane." I almost yelled. Jeongin can be so impulsive at times and I've seen that behavior many times before. "I know, I know, but that's beside the point" he replied."I found this invitation in our mailbox downstairs". He waved the envelope in his hand, looking more excited than before. I sighed, taking the envelope from his hand.

Dear Mr. Lee

You are cordially invited to XXX Magazine's 37th anniversary.

Date: X/X/XX
Time: 9:30 pm-12:30 am
Venue: The Plaza Hotel 768 5th Avenue
Dress code: Black and gold