Mistake

With Jeongin gone and out of town to spend some time with his family. It's only been one day but Jisung surprised me by showing up at our apartment. And despite me telling him that I will be alright staying on my own. He made me pack a bag and brought me back to his apartment. So just for a couple of nights until Jeongin returns, I'll be staying with Jisung.

The two of us have probably done every form of self-care I can think of, from face masks to doing each other's manicures, we even baked cinnamon rolls from a recipe we found online, and now I'm sitting in front of Jisung's vanity mirror while he styles my hair.

"What are doing?" I ask, watching Jisung through the mirror as he adds a hair roller to my bangs.

"Giving you curtain bangs," he says simply before spraying hair spray to the front of my hair "I'm kinda jealous your hair it's really long."

Coughing a little I ask "Do you think I should cut it ?"

"What no, your long hair is super pretty and also I like styling your hair you're like my own personal doll."

I giggle. A doll. Well, that's new.

"You know this is fun, I don't normally have people over at my house....unless it's Minho."

I smile. Jisung is really the sweetest and always so honest about his feelings. "By the way how are things going between you and Minho?"

He stops brushing my hair. "Honestly I've never been so in love-." I see his face soften. Oh, he's in love alright.

"He takes care of me so well and he doesn't show it but he has this soft side of him that has me falling in love even more, and also-" I watch as Jisung bites his lip. "he fucks me so good-"

"Okay okay" I snort " I get it, I'm happy for you."

Giggling, he starts brushing my hair again "What about you and Hyunjin you guys seem to have something going on" Jisung asks clearly interested in this type of topic. Our eyes meet in the mirror and I feel my cheeks heat up.

"How-"

"Oh come on Lix you thought I wouldn't notice ?, I think everybody and their mother knows that THE Hwang Hyunjin has stopped fucking around and is all about a certain blond."

Cheeks burning, I look away from his eyes in the mirror. "It's not like that—I mean we're not a couple or anything."

"Gosh what is he waiting for, he needs to hurry and get his shit together."

A bitter feeling enters my stomach. I look in the mirror again, seeing Jisung reach for something in the drawer.

"Maybe he doesn't want a relationship."

Jisung pulls my hair half up. "Then it's his loss." After that he adds a clip to it, bringing my hair back and out of my face." And done" he grins, admiring his work in the mirror.

"I'm sure if he doesn't want a relationship somebody else will I know he isn't the only guy who's after you, look at you, you're gorgeous Lix." He continues.

I laugh but more at myself. Knowing that even if there is another guy who likes me I won't be interested in them.

"What do you think ?" Jisung asks pointing at my hair proudly.

I lean closer, staring at my reflection in the mirror. I can see the shape of my face more. My eyes. My freckles splayed out on my cheeks and nose."I like it" I say honestly and there's a twinkle in my eyes. At the same time, Jisung's phone vibrates. He reaches for it and swipes up his screen.

"Ugh, not him again" Jisung rolls his eyes and places his phone back down.

"Who is it?" I ask curious by his reaction.