Main street

The sun is setting and it's getting colder. I've been standing at the bus stop for some time now. It will be dark soon and I don't think I can handle going home alone. Calling Jeongin can't be an option, we argued two nights ago and I feel like he hates me now. Since then I've avoided him and I know I'm being stupid but I'm actually afraid to face him again. I don't want to lose the first friend I ever made but I already feel like it's too late.

After sometime the sun completely sets and while standing here for the past thirty minutes in nothing but my own thoughts. I've come to the conclusion that I missed the bus. That has to be the only explanation as to why I'm the only one standing here. I sigh, pushing my hands into my pockets, it's cold. I don't normally go home this late but today felt like it was never ending with the number of things I had to do. My apartment is a few blocks from here but I've never walked alone at night. I swallow dryly, I can't stand here forever it's already dark and it's only going to get darker. So I start walking away from the bus stop, deciding to be brave. It's not like I have any other choice no one will be coming for me. I keep my hands clenched into my pockets while I walk. Breathing in the cold misty air that's actually more pleasant than I thought. From the moment I walked away from the bus stop my heart has been hammering against my chest. If someone passes me right now I'm sure they will hear. However, Since I've left the main street I haven't passed by a single person. The sidewalk is completely empty and it's so quiet that every step I take echoes into the streets and vanishes into the night. With every street light, I pass it flickers, and by the time I'm further down the street I notice that there are fewer and fewer lamp poles. A Sickening wave of terror wells up in my stomach and I feel a familiar sensation of fear rushing into my veins. It feels like I'm walking into something I shouldn't. Some of these streets are so dark it really makes no sense.
When I make it to the end of the street there are no more street lights and it's exactly what I feared. I hear the meow of a cat but I don't see it. Then the sound of footsteps, it's faint but I hear it, then it stops. I don't turn around fearing who or what I will see. A chill of fear prickles my spine and I begin walking more quickly. The darkness surrounding me feels like it's caging me in but I don't stop walking. I keep my eyes forward and my mind focused on one thing. Home, I need to get home. Maybe I'm being paranoid but it feels like I'm being followed. I'm too afraid to turn around and I can only look ahead. With every quick step, my breath becomes ragged in my throat. For a moment my body stiffens and my muscles tense in fear. I try to shake it off, that weird feeling of being followed. Then I hear the footsteps again and this time it's louder. Whoever it is they're getting closer. They keep slowing down their steps when I do and picking up their pace when I walk faster. I'm being followed, I can feel it.
Run
Run
My thoughts are loud and clear and I know what to do. I take one deep breath in through my nose then a deep slow exhale through my mouth. Preparing myself, ready to run. Whoever it is I can't let them catch me. I remove my hands from my pockets. Then I start moving my legs, faster and faster until I'm running. My mind is screaming at me, telling me to not turn around and my pace quickens as the impending danger follows behind me. I can no longer see anything but the darkness in front of me. My heart palpitates in my chest and I can feel every pulse beating in my body.
The sidewalk is littered with fallen leaves that crumble below my feet as I run. The presence is stronger and I can hear them clearly now, their loud breathing, and the noisy steps of their shoes on the concrete sidewalk. They're gaining on me, and I can feel them getting closer. With my gaze straight ahead I find the adrenaline in me to pick up my pace. I feel the wind on my face as I turn the corner onto another street. It's no different from the others it's dark and scary but this time I see bushes and trees. If I keep up this running they're going to catch me. I run into the closest bush and I crouch down on the ground. Sticks break beneath me and I try my best to not make a sound. I gulp for air and my chest burns. My chest is heaving with every breath I exhale and it hurts so bad. Sweat runs down my neck and I bring my hand to my mouth as I pant heavily. It's dark and the bushes cover me fully. It feels like I'm being trapped. This feeling is familiar and my chest tightens. My knees begin trembling and I pull them closer to my body with one hand.
Please no.
Not this.
Not now.
I can feel the goosebumps on my skin, and it feels like prickles and thorns are stuck into my flesh. Then my heart stops. I can hear them approaching. I stop breathing as they approach closer. They run past me, their steps heavy. It was a man. He's tall and dressed all in black. He didn't see me.
What now?
What should I do?
Should I run ?
No. I should wait a little while. If I leave now he might see me. Quietly I start breathing and then all of a sudden I'm aware of my surroundings again. Aware of how dark it is and how cold I am. I feel as if all the blood has been drained from my body. I can't stay here but I'm too scared to move. That guy who was chasing me he's still out there. What did he want from me? A chill runs through my body and tears start trickling down my eyes. This is too much. Why me? Why can't I just be happy? I bring my head to my knees, burying my eyes away from the open. I'm scared. It's so dark I feel like I'm being smothered.
Help, who can I call for help?
I have no one.
I'm alone.
My chest is too tight. I can't breathe as I feel my vision goes blurry.