Love language

Hyunjin's pov

I unlock the door with Felix still in my arms. I enter inside and I walk straight to the bedroom. Where I gently lay him down on the bed. He needs to rest after the day he just had. I remove my coat and shoes, head to the kitchen, and begin making some chamomile tea for him. It's what he needs right now to relax. A few minutes later I'm done and I head back to the room. To see him now sitting up on the bed, I thought he was asleep earlier but I guess he just closed his eyes.

"Good you're awake," I tell him as I approach the bed.

"I wasn't asleep" he responds softly and I sit down at the edge of the bed, watching his puffy eyes and pink cheeks.

"Here" I stretch the mug of chamomile tea to him and he eyes it curiously. "Drink this, it will help you relax," I tell him and he nods as he takes the mug from my hand. I watch as he wraps his delicate hands around the mug, silently sipping the tea and blowing the rising steam. He looks almost relaxed for a moment as he looks out the large window. But then his gaze comes back to mine and the sad look in his eyes shatters me completely. "I'm done" he hands me the mug back and I can see that he only drank half of it. "Maybe you should drink some more" I urge gently and he shakes his head. I place the mug on the nightstand and then the palm of my hand over his forehead. He feels a little warm. Maybe it's a fever or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. He isn't even sick I'm just really worried about him right now. I pull my hand away "Are you ready for bed then?"
He shakes his head again, not saying anything, as he looks down at the mattress, eyes watering. I swallow my rage. He's still clearly shaken up from what happened tonight. And why wouldn't he be who wants to see the person who abused them for years? This whole situation with his aunt makes me so mad, I hate seeing him like this.
But instead of being mad at a situation, I can't change I should help him feel better. Remind him that I meant everything word about taking care of him and loving him in the car earlier. So I turn on the lamp on the nightstand, stand up, turn off the lights, light a candle—cinnamon scented, walk back to the bed, and slip in next to him. In a sitting position with my head resting on the bed frame. "Come here," I say softly, tapping my lap and he immediately crawls on top of me, drapes his legs around me, and drops his head to my chest. I wrap my arms around him, hugging him close. He feels so small in my arms—he always does but tonight he feels more fragile like if hold him too tight he'll break. I close my eyes listening to him breathe. I can't explain the intense relief I felt when I found him tonight. What if he was still out there, in the cold, alone, crying? I feel so sick just thinking about it.

"Jinnie" his soft voice surprises me and I open my eyes.

"Tonight-" he continues not even waiting for my response "at the fountain-"

My body stills and only he moves as he raises his head to look me in the eyes.

"Yes" is all he says so softly and calmly.

My heart stops. What is he...

"yes, I like you too—I love you Hwang Hyunjin."

A rush of emotions causes my heart to start beating again and it's pounding so loud I can barely hear my thoughts. "Say that again" my voice comes out shaky and I feel my eyes sting with tears.

His hands find their way to my cheeks, cupping gently and he smiles "I love you and I-I want to be with you."

I suck in a shaky breath and I'm speechless so fucking speechless and he leans in. Kisses me on the lips and then pulls away, still looking into my eyes. "Why do you look like you're about to cry?" his voice is suddenly shaky "If you cry...I'm going to cry again Jinnie." His eyes are glossy and his pink lips look so kissable—so irresistible that I just lean in and with my lips against his I say "I'm not going to cry" I laugh through a breath.