No tears left to cry

Hyunjin's pov

Oh God, should I call him? No. He told me this morning that he's okay with going out on his own now. Besides he's with Jisung, at my mom's company, what am I even worried about? I mean there is a lot for me to be worried about. But it's not like he can't call me if anything's wrong.

Great. I think I'm losing my mind.

I know I can't always be with Felix every second of the day. He has a lot going on for him at the moment and also friends that he always hangs out with. Not to mention how I'm also busy at times.

But still—he's my special person.

And as much as I want to see him in front of me at all times. Where I know he's safe and not being bothered by any creeps.

I can't always have what I want. And I know that.

Suddenly my phone rings. And me being on edge I answer—without even checking who it is.

"Hyunjin."

It's Jisung...and he's breathing like he just ran down a flight of stairs.

In just a second my pulse picks up alarmingly quick and I open my mouth to speak but I'm silenced as he blurts out a sentence of panicked words.

"Felix he—I need you to come to your mom's company right now."

"What happened?" I ask, already standing up and heading toward the front door.

"Some woman who's claiming to be Felix's mom just showed up and she's trying to take him away—"

There's a pause as shock enters and leaves my brain. "I'll be there in twelve minutes."

....

I said that but it only takes me ten minutes and as I slam my car door shut. Walking towards the tall company building my thoughts from earlier hit me like a painful punch to the stomach. Why is it when I'm not around that something always goes wrong?

And so I enter inside, ignoring the stares of all the workers who've come out of their office and are now standing in the lobby.

Looks like they're enjoying the little show.

"Don't touch me."

My jaw clenches at the sound of Felix's distressed voice and I quickly make my way to the front desk. To see him standing there, fists clenched and body shaking. And in front of him is a woman I've never seen in my life.

She has shoulder length brown hair she looks just a couple of inches shorter than me and has freckles scattered under her eyes.
How can I say this without sounding...
She looks a little like Felix but with feminine features and is much older.
Can this really be—Is this woman really his mother?

"Will you stop being so stubborn" She shouts, grabbing Felix's wrist and something in me instantly snaps.

And I rush forward, finally getting both of their attention "Let go of him."

Felix's gaze flickers to me and the look of fear in his eyes triggers a flame of anger inside me that I don't think I'll be able to control.

Who is this woman?

"And you are?" She asks, letting go of Felix's arm and taking a step closer to me. And now that I look at her up close she really does look similar to Felix.

"That's a question I should be asking" I begin, not missing the way she eyes me up and down with a disgusted look on her face."Since you're very much disturbing the peace right now and people are clearly trying to work."