luxury, elegance and comfort

Hyunjin's pov

The 40-minute drive passed by in what felt like an eternity, in those long but actually short minutes, I was left with my thoughts and the steering wheel to guide me. I packed into the driveway, stepped out of the car, and looked around me. I could see that nothing has changed since I left. My mom's precious water fountain still looks the same, my older brother's sports cars are still packed in every corner of our stone driveway and of course, my dad's Rolls-Royce isn't here, because when is he ever home, but I'm not going to pretend like he was never here. When I was a child he was, however, the older I got the harder it was to see him. My dad is the type to travel every month whether it's for business deals or for his own satisfaction. He seems to love the life of being on private jets rather than being in the comforts of his own home. Unlike my mother who cherishes our family home. She sees it as her everything. I mean it's where she settled down with her husband of over 30 years and raised her three sons. To her, this mansion exudes every essence of luxury, elegance, and comfort. I can't say the same though. To me leaving this place was the best peace and comfort I ever had. Finding my place helped me realize I'm the type who loves living alone. Although I've always thought that for a while now, waking up this morning with another warm body in my bed, changed those thoughts for me. Falling asleep with someone in my arms, never occurred to me to be something I'd enjoy. I knocked on the front door and of course our maid Tammy opens it and greets me. Tammy has been here since I was a little boy. Her hair is fully grey now and I think she cherishes this house just as much as my mom does. Our maid, nanny, and chef in one, and as twisted as this family is, Tammy seems to love us. Giving her all into her job from day one. She points upstairs meaning my mom is up in her office. She knows the only reason I'll come here is to talk with my mom and I waste no time rushing up the stairs. I enter my mom's office and she's standing behind her desk. A pen in one hand and a telephone to her ear. Busy as always. Her desk is covered in what looks like black envelopes and card stocks. Planning another one of her extravagant parties I see. She doesn't even look up at me as I walk in and I clear my throat, watching her flinch.

"Mom we need to talk." I ran my fingers through my hair and she only looks at me once before her eyes are on her desk again.

"Mom-"

She sighed, removing the telephone from her ear."Nice to see you again honey, what brings you here ?" she smiled, finally giving me her attention.

"I heard from someone that you've been talking with Mrs. Blakewood about setting me up with Aubree." That someone is Minho. When he told me this morning on the balcony that Aubree has been going around telling everybody that her mom and my mom are planning to introduce us to each other for matchmaking purposes. I almost laughed, because it's clear that our parents don't know what happened between us and that I want nothing to do with her. Especially not after what she did to Felix. I still haven't dealt with her. She's spoiled and possessive and it's obvious that she always gets what she wants, but I'm not hers and I'll never be. I've ignored her in the past after she's gone after people I've hooked up with. However, her crazy behavior is starting to irritate me now.

"I have, Aubree, is a great girl isn't she Hyun ?" My mom beamed.

I wanted to laugh, I guess Aubree is good at playing innocent in front of the Adults, but if only they knew how much of a psycho she really is."Mom could you please stop trying to play Cupid in my life, I don't need a relationship, especially not with someone like Aubree."

Her smile faded and I could feel the rant coming. "I'm just worried about you, I mean when are you going to settle down."

I scoffed. Finding it funny that she's worried about me settling down, while my older brothers are out there enjoying the bachelor life. "I'm 21, I don't need to settle down, not everybody is like you and dad." I rubbed my forehead, feeling a headache approaching.

My mother frowned and I could see a line appear between her brows. "Your future is important to me Hyun, you'll take over your father's company soon, isn't it time you stop sleeping around and find yourself a wife to spend the rest of your life with ?, in my opinion, Aubree is the perfect girl for you."

"Your opinion doesn't matter to me, do you even know anything about Aubree? other than her family being well off and well known ?" I asked, raising my voice a little.

Her frown deepened. "At least have dinner with Aubree just once, she's a great girl I promise."

"Great girl my ass."

"Hyunji-"

Before she could finish whatever she was going to say I walked out of the office. The headache I could feel approaching finally settled in and I rubbed my temple, wincing at the throbbing pain. As I made my way down the stairs I stopped suddenly.

"Brother"

I didn't respond. I looked at him once and then walked away. I don't have the time to be putting up with one annoying person after the other. He's not worth my time anyways.