Reciprocate

Hyunjin's pov

I've always loved my own space, it's one of the reasons I moved out of my parent's mansion. For peace—and to simply be alone. But now, there are two toothbrushes in the bathroom two pairs of shoes at the door, and an Angel in my bed. I can smell him on my sheets, on me, his scent is becoming a part of my daily life—Vanilla. It's sweet, rich. It's a scent I never really liked. It was always just okay. But these days it's not just sweet to me. In a uniquely alluring way, it's comforting, warm and it's what the person I love smells like.

I have a big meeting this morning so I'm up earlier. Which means Felix is still asleep. Last night on the couch he actually fell asleep on top of me. After carrying him to the bedroom and then tucking him in bed. The cookies he was so excited to make were ready and he wasn't awake to taste them. So I sealed them in a glass container and placed them on the kitchen island for him. I'm sure he'll enjoy them when he wakes up.

I need to leave now but before I do I'm going to wake Felix and let him know that I'm leaving for work. I'd rather not wake him but I'd also rather him not wake up alone and panic.

Walking into the bedroom I can see the top of his blond hair peeking from under the white covers. And as I sit on the edge of the bed he doesn't move a muscle. I pull the covers down slowly passed his shoulders and he instinctively snuggles closer to me for warmth. I brush his hair from his forehead and as I'm leaning down to set a kiss on that spot. Brown hazy eyes flutter open to meet mine and I find myself lost in them for a second until he blinks.

Smiling, in a hushed tone I say " I was just about to wake you, I have to leave now. I'll be back at 2 pm so you won't be alone the whole day, also we'll be going out tonight so look forward to that, okay?"

He only hums and I gently kiss his forehead. Then I pull the covers fully over his body and he shuts his eyes. I just want to crawl back into bed with him and hold him close in my arms.

________✧________

Felix's pov

My head was in a daze last night and I don't remember how or when I got into bed. Did the cookies burn? No, but really I want to know what happened. I can't believe I fell asleep so quickly.

I look back at my reflection in the mirror and honestly I look a mess. Like I got into a catfight or something. I start off by washing my face, then I do my skincare, and after I brush my teeth. I walk out of the bathroom, into the bedroom and then I make my way into the kitchen. I'm hungry but before that. The cookies. I know, I won't let them go. As soon as I entered the kitchen I spotted them in an instant. And to my surprise, they're not burnt. Well, I should have known that Hyunjin wouldn't let that happen.

For breakfast, I have some vanilla almond milk and cookies. Jeongin would scold me if he knew about this and tell me that it's too early to be eating sweet things. And I feel like Hyunjin would too. But they won't find out, so it's fine.

After that, I don't know if it's a sugar rush taking over my body but I find myself back in the bedroom. Jumping on the bed like a little kid. I can't really blame myself, when I was a kid my aunt didn't want me jumping on the bed. So somehow this feels freeing.

When I'm done with my immature antics. I find my phone and I text Jeongin. He'll be returning tomorrow and I can't wait to see him but that also means I can't stay here anymore. With Hyunjin. I don't need to. I'm sad but I know that this wouldn't last forever.