Alpha - Phone Number - Chapter 2

POV: Jang Sora.

Mr. Jeon suddenly pulled me into a crushing hug as soon as I got up from the couch to greet him in the living room. He told me he yearned for my return, so I couldn't help but smile a little brighter at his warming words. He's just as kind as I had remembered him.

It was early morning when Jungkook's father rushed home to visit me from his business trip to a nearby city. He probably heard about the incident last night because imo came rushing down the corridor with a horrified look, thinking I was in trouble... only to find me kneeling helplessly at her young master's feet in a disheveled condition.

I pursed my lips when I turned to find Jungkook strolling towards us in a neat button-up shirt and a plain black trouser. His damp hair... messily striking all over the place. It's as if he didn't dry his hair after a quick shower. Jungkook didn't greet his father and rudely slumped down on the couch, tilting his head back with his eyes closed. He looks sleepy.

"How many times- Did I warn you not to bring outsiders inside our home?" Mr. Jeon turned to scold Jungkook with his hands placed on his hips.

"Did Sora tell you that?" Jungkook mumbled without opening his eyes as he sat on the couch with his messy bangs over his eyes.

"The maids informed me! You never listen-"

"Minah is my girlfriend! She's not an outsider!" Jungkook whined, suddenly sitting up to fire his father a sharp glare. Taehyung quietly strolled down the staircase with a bag swung over his shoulder. He didn't greet Jungkook's father either as he dismissively walked into the living room. Taehyung tossed his things onto the couch, heavily sitting down to participate in the conversation. He was surprisingly untroubled by the family tension.

"I told you guys to greet Sora when she returns because the elders are busy with work, but you aren't even aware of her arrival? Imo told me you even brought your girlfriend to sleep in Sora's room! How can you be so heedless? She deserves an apology!" Mr. Jeon lectured Jungkook and Taehyung in frustration.

"I didn't see your message," Taehyung shrugged, dismissively typing on his phone without a glimpse of concern. Jungkook angrily bolted onto his feet and stormed out of the living room with an attitude, causing Mr. Jeon to lose his temper upon witnessing his son's neglect. I sorely watched the elderly man... chase his son to the front door, attempting to get the alpha to utter his apologies... but Jungkook didn't listen and raced out of the mansion in his luxurious sportscar.

I awkwardly turned to watch Taehyung type on his phone on the opposite couch. Things didn't turn out well last night. Imo told Jungkook to escort Minah home after the woman helped me back inside my room, and Taehyung? He walked away without speaking to me. I guess he still resents me for what happened in the past. The alpha killed his uncle to secure his household. Taehyung suddenly lifted his piercing eyes to meet mine when he noticed I was staring at him, so I blinked and turned away to avoid him in fear. I'm scared of him.

"Did you get hurt?" Do-hwan yawned, strolling into the room in casual clothes.

"O-oh? No?" I stuttered, straightening my back on the couch. Taehyung sighed and got up to his feet to collect his bag when Do-hwan suddenly grabbed my elbow, making me seethe in discomfort. Why is it so painful?! It was just a scratch!

"You're hurt," Do-hwan muttered, carefully pushing my sleeve upward to expose a swollen friction burn on my elbow from scraping my flesh with the carpet during my squabble with Jungkook.

"How did you know?" I asked Do-hwan as he closely inspected my wound.

"There's a light blood stain on your gown," Do-hwan sighed, rolling my sleeves down to show me the stain on the thin fabric. Oh? I didn't know I was hurt. How did he notice such a small blot? The room grew hushed, so I glanced to the side to find Taehyung eyeing my elbow with a straight face. He cleared his throat and walked off with his bag.