Alpha - Problematic Man - Chapter 18

Sora's POV

The blurry vision of the living room gradually cleared up as I resisted the urge to descend back into a deep sleep. There was a slight movement in the room, but I couldn't identify the figure with my sluggish mind. I closed my eyes, sleepily opening it again after a minute of drowsiness. Did Taehyung wake up? I groggily rubbed my eyes. Huh? My other hand is firmly interlaced with Taehyung's though...?

I blinked repeatedly and tried to turn on my back, but the couch was too cramped. Taehyung softly stirred in his sleep, unconsciously drawing my body closer to his chest as we rested on the couch. He's still asleep. I closed my eyes again because I couldn't think straight. What's that smell? My senses suddenly returned to my body when my nostrils picked up a mouthwatering savory scent in the room. Am I that hungry to imagine it? I faintly sniffed the air with a slight frown and opened my droopy eyes again. The living room was vacant. I paused to stare at the steaming plates on the coffee table.

"Food?" I mumbled, slowly pushing my naked body from the couch. Taehyung released my hand and turned to lay on his back as I tugged the satin blanket up to my chest with a slight frown on the warm meals on the coffee table.

"I must be dreaming," I whispered, turning to gaze at Taehyung's swollen face as he snored beside me. I lowered my face to kiss his lips with my hand placed on his firm chest. Thump

I quickly redirected my attention toward the source of the sound until my blurry gaze landed on... an elderly lady. She's dusting a vase with a feather brush. The woman didn't seem to notice me as she examined the flower vase by the doorway. I glanced at the warm fireplace and back to the soft drizzle over the haunted mansion. The windows are frosty. I can barely see the swaying trees.

"Taehyung...?" I whispered, lowering my hand to tap his arm. He didn't respond.

"Oppa," I muttered, softly nudging him with my gaze glued on the stranger. I'm not panicking. And I'm definitely not scared, but it was still a very bizarre encounter. 

I froze over the couch when the lady turned to face me. Can she see me?  The woman greeted me with a warm smile, suddenly strolling into the kitchen without speaking as I remained paralyzed on the couch. Am I seeing a ghost? I blinked in confusion once she returned with two glasses of water. I nervously clenched the blanket as she placed the mugs beside the meal.

"You're both awake," The woman smiled and turned to leave the room again, so I quickly turned to find Taehyung... lying on the couch with a slight frown as he stared at the woman.

"Can you see her?" Taehyung hoarsely whispered, averting his started gaze to me as he slowly pushed his sturdy body off the couch. 

"Maybe we should leave the mansion before we lose our minds," I anxiously whispered. I keep seeing and hearing scary things in the mansion. Taehyung scratched his head as he groggily sat behind me.

"Should we leave? I think I'm starting to imagine things," He nodded, gently back hugging me on the couch. I nervously turned to look at the steaming meals again- until the woman returned to sit on the carpet before us. She quietly organized the utensils beside the rice bowls.

"You two will catch a cold without your clothes on. Get ready and eat the meals before it goes cold," Halmeoni urged us.

"You're real?" Taehyung blurts. I felt him tightening his arms around my waist as we sat on the couch with nothing but the blanket over our naked bodies.

"Taste the food I prepared and tell me if it's real, young master, young lady," Halmeoni chuckled. I quickly turned to stare at Taehyung in shock once I realized I wasn't dreaming. We hurriedly got up with the blanket around our bodies and rushed back upstairs to pull on our clothes. Who is she?!