Alpha - Cruel World - Chapter 47

Sora's POV

Yangcha fumed his warm breath over my face as we tenderly kissed in the dim medical room with our hands entangled in each other's hair until I pursed my lips, slightly backing away from his moist lips. I drew my hands from his thick neck and glanced at the drifting snow with my forearm tucked under my chin while leaning over the couch's headrest with a faint smile. He quietly stared at the teddy on my lap while sitting beside me.

"Have you told anyone about the pregnancy?" He asked, lifting his curious gaze to study my composed behavior.

"Nope. Just you. I wanted to get an abortion," I shrugged. Yangcha frowned at my blunt statement. I wanted to conceal the pregnancy from everyone.

"Why would you want to abort our child?" He questioned, unsurely eyeing me. Because the world isn't a forgiving place for young souls like them.

"I'm not ready to defend our child from this cruel world," I muttered. Yangcha dimmed his gaze upon hearing my response and gently leaned forward to hug me on my side, comforting me with his assurance. If he could hold me like this until the end of my life. Maybe there is nothing I should fear. Just him and I... and our little dumpling, together in our cozy home.

"I'll protect you and our baby. I promise," Yangcha whispered. I turned my head to inspect his tender gaze and gently caressed his cheek with my fingertip. I know he means it... protecting me and our baby. And I know he's capable of doing it. Why else did I make the decision to keep our baby?

"I trust you," I nodded. Yangcha smiled and gently kissed my lips again while holding me in his secure embrace to assure me of his lifetime commitment.

"Do you want to return to our room? I'll carry you," He whispered, pulling away from my lips with a faint smile. Our fights might be extreme at times and it could easily ruin our relationship if we aren't cautious... but we resolve the issue just as quickly once we clash. Yangcha doesn't like to leave an argument unattended. He communicates well. He'd always address the problem directly and apologize once he acknowledged his fault.

"No. I'll sleep here tonight. Head to bed," I shook my head, slightly nodding at the door. He should be asleep by now. The alpha pouted at my refusal to return with him.

"Noona~ I'm sorry~!" He whined, cutely grabbing my arm. I chuckled and pushed his chest back when he tried to kiss me again. Ah. He's doing it again. Disabling me with his cuteness.

"It's your punishment," I teased. Yangcha grumbled and leaned forward to press his forehead against my shoulder, so I gently rubbed his back to comfort him.

"I know I'm foolish! Oh-? Stop being so upset with me~! I promise I'll make it up to you!" He lifted his flushed face, adorably rubbing his hands together to beg for forgiveness. I giggled at his pleas as we sat on the comfy couch.

"How are you going to do that? The cuteness isn't enough," I smiled at his pout. Yangcha suddenly lifted my hands to his lips, gently kissing my fingers with his puckered lips.

"Everything it takes to put a smile on your face and to warm that cold heart of yours," He muttered while snuggling against my palm. I quietly searched his stern gaze with a troubled expression as he firmly held onto me. Did he suddenly return to his old self... because he's guilty about my pregnancy?

"I don't want you to treat me differently just because I'm pregnant with your child-"

"I was stressed. Okay? Believe me. I've remained composed even after the terrible things they did to us. I could've killed on impulse, but I didn't. Why? Because I didn't wish to burden you again with the aftermath of my recklessness. So I- I... distracted myself with work at the tower... but it's even more stressful because your mother is unbothered about your ailing health," He muttered, grimly lowering his gaze to our interlaced fingers. I'm surprised he didn't try to end my mother, but it's understandable. He's probably more worried about my dire state.