Alpha - Love Affairs - Chapter 65

Sora's POV

Click. Clack. Click. Clack.

I composedly stared out the glass wall to gaze at the dark city's scenery while clinging to Taehyung's neck as he steadily typed on the keyboard with his stern gaze fixed on the beaming screen. The man asked me to deliver a warm lunch to his workspace today because he didn't feel like eating the meals prepared by a top chef at the corporation. 

I'm convinced he's bored at his office and wanted me around so I could keep him company because he insisted that I wait for him to complete his work... but it's been hours... and my liar husband is still smacking his keyboard as I sit sideways on his lap. 

It's close to 9:00 PM... and he's still working. 

The secretary and assistants were dismissed at the end of their shift, so I think we're the only souls in the vacant building. The man would weirdly turn his head to kiss my cheek with his eyes glued to the screen, and he'd frequently rub my hips over his lap as he scanned the information before his gaze. He instructed me to sit still and to remain hushed because he needed to concentrate on his work and wouldn't let me sit on the couch because he claimed... the view of my movement is too distracting. 

So here I am. Being the obedient and patient wife... I am quietly sitting on my husband's lap with my mouth sealed so he can focus on his work duties. Who am I to complain? This man could be fooling around with women at clubs, getting drunk with his friends, and he could be ignoring me like all the other typical male species. But what is he doing now? Working. Endlessly perfecting his tasks while babysitting me on his lap so he could sustain his credit cards for our family. 

Who am I to complain when my husband is literally working his ass off for me? 

He doesn't usually stay overtime at his office if I'm not around and would return home right on time, every day. So who am I... to whine and throw a tantrum when he's a literal perfect man? He could be a bad husband! An alcoholic! A cheater! An abusive man! But no-! He is holding me like a child on his lap while working at his private office! He keeps me fed throughout the day! He gives me his coat when I'm cold! He stores a drawer of socks at his work desk because he knows I have cold feet! And he kisses me throughout the day so I won't feel left out~! 

Who am I to complain?! All I can do is to grant him the peace he requested! I kid you not. I fell asleep twice in my husband's arms... and Kim Taehyung didn't budge an inch from his desk and remained in the exact same position. Maybe this is why his back is so stiff? He sits too much!

"Oppa," I muttered, finally shifting my gaze to his side profile with my head slanted against his shoulder

"Oppa," I muttered, finally shifting my gaze to his side profile with my head slanted against his shoulder. Taehyung didn't respond and continued typing on his keyboard with his eyes glued to the desktop. Did he hear me?

"Oppa~" I pouted while stroking the scar on his neck. He still didn't respond to my call... and turned his head to kiss my forehead instead. I exhaled in defeat and snuggled against his chest as I lowered my arms to hold his waist. I shouldn't disturb him.