Alpha - Counter Attack - Chapter 41

___________________________

ALPHA - PART 2

THE APOCALYPSE

___________________________

Third Person POV

Flick. Flick. Flick.

Kim Taehyung sat unblinkingly within the dim office space with his deserted gaze on the dull city view before his top-floor office building. His leather armchair... facing away from his work desk as the man remains seated in his uncluttered work suit and polished black shoes. The alpha blankly stared at the flashing billboard advertisement on the nearby building's concrete walls, gradually drifting his eyes to the mismatching window lights on the scattered buildings as the extreme rainstorm tore through the city with its despairing agony.

The cold pallets... angrily striking the massive transparent wall... leaving behind the shattered water beads on the damp glass upon the rough collision.

Knock

Knock. Knock.

"Sir? Is there anything else you'd like me to assist you with?" A secretary knocked on the door, unsurely strolling inside the chilly office to find the alpha sitting listlessly in his chair. He didn't budge.

"You're dismissed. I'll be working overtime again," Taehyung muttered without glancing at the secretary.

The man pursed his lips and lowered his head before excusing himself from his work obligation... carefully shutting the door to leave the alpha in solitude. Kim Taehyung finally blinked at the dark view to retrieve his distracted mind from the unsettling reality of his world and spun on his chair to face the bright desktop screen on his desk.

10:45 PM. He stared at the time and glanced at his inactive phone screen. The alpha bitterly tapped on the screen, hoping to receive a text... or even a few notifications... but no one seemed to notice his absence. Oftentimes... he'd get random texts from his girlfriend throughout the day. Jang Sora would question his whereabouts the instant he was a minute late.

Dumpling: Oppa, should we eat dinner together?

Dumpling: I baked your favorite cake again~! Hurry home!

Dumpling: Oppa! Should I bring you dinner? Imo made beef bone soup today. You should have it when it's still warm~!

Dumpling: I saw a cute cat today! It looks like you~ Haha~! *Picture Attachment*

Taehyung blankly stared at the endless spam on his phone as he scrolled through their previous text messages. The last time she contacted him... was to bring him her cake at the corporation, but he dismissed her and left with Hwa-young. He didn't even bother to reply to her message and left her on seen. Yet during... this particular moment... on a cold... and stormy night like this... Kim Taehyung couldn't help but... yearn for one of her childish texts.