Alpha - Fire Bird - Chapter 35

Sora's POV

A light movement brushed against my cold toes beneath the warm sheet as the person adjusted their posture on the mattress. The slight disturbance, ultimately stirring me awake from the deep sleep. I didn't open my eyes right away as I sought solace from the soft pillow until my clouded senses returned to my shell.

I curled my freezing toes, slipping them deep under the blanket to keep out the uncomfortable chills, and coiled under the soothing heat until I felt an arm slipping under my neck, cushioning my head. I didn't open my eyes as the man shifted over the mattress to hug me from behind, gently pressing his soft pants against my ear. My mind was still numb from the tiresome intimacy, so I remained motionless within his embrace. The memories from the previous night are still vivid, but I didn't want to recall the steamy moments between us.

Kim Seokjin breathed softly against my earlobe as he tenderly rubbed my bare shoulder with his thumb in a circular motion to offer his limitless comfort. Still, I didn't respond to his touch over my bare skin, and snuggled against the pillow, facing away from Seokjin as he rested with his sturdy torso pressed against my bare back. In response to my unresponsiveness, he gently tugged my waist with one hand to hold my body against his pulsating chest while linking his fingers with mine.

"Why is your body so cold?" Seokjin hoarsely muttered as he held me within the domain of his warmth. I am always cold. Externally and internally. I always rely on another person's warmth to balance out my body temperature.

A soul... deprived of warmth. It's a curse. 

I didn't respond and lay on the mattress, calmly inhaling and exhaling without addressing his concern. Seokjin sighed at my muteness and lifted his hand off my bare stomach to run his fingers through my hair, gently playing with the loose strands. I hoped he'd give up and leave my side, but Kim Seokjin persistently fed me his warmth without shifting away and remained on the bed. He'd weave his fingers through my hair to soothe my scalp, graze my sensitive skin with his fingertips, and breathe softly against my ear to remind me of his presence. I remained hushed for about ten minutes, yet Seokjin didn't seem to take the hint, so I finally opened my eyes to greet the morning lights.

The room is gloomy. I glanced at the dark sky over the city view. There's another rainstorm...? I stared at the cloudy atmosphere from the bed as I lay motionless in my former lover's embrace. Seokjin lifted his head after a while and leaned over to check on me after I refused to acknowledge him. The alpha paused once he realized I was awake, so I glanced at him with a weak smile and finally rolled over.

He gently rubbed my cheek as I hugged his firm hips under the sheet to absorb his warmth. I'm like a ghost... sucking the warmth out of people to relieve my chronic shivers. Seokjin sleepily leaned forward over the pillow, attempting to press his lips against mine, but I cupped his firm jaw to hold him back just before his lips met mine. He paused, panting softly against my face with his eyes closed at my unexpected objection. The alpha unsurely scanned my face to question my withdrawn reaction.

"Are you sober?" I asked, gently rubbing his cheeks with my thumbs. Seokjin glanced down at my lips and tried to lean forward without answering me, but I stubbornly held his face between my cold palms. The alpha didn't flinch at my cold touch. It's as if he was immune to the icy pricks. Seokjin let out a faint sigh and drew my body toward his torso to press his pulsating chest against my perky breasts beneath the sheet. Thump... Thump...

We stared at each other within the noiseless room as he faintly panted against my chest. I can feel his heartbeat. It's steady and calm. He held onto my hand to withdraw my grips from his face and tilted his face downward to rest his soft lips on mine, stubbornly inviting me with his love strokes until I gave in to the passionate kiss.