Alpha - Backup Plan - Chapter 59

Third Person POV

Ah-young sleepily sat on the edge of the bed in her knee-length silk gown to gaze at the gloomy morning sky through the tall arch windows. She glanced at the empty mattress in silence before rising to her feet and strode out of her bedroom- Creak. She pushed the twin's previous room open. The space was empty.

The woman scratched her head as she carefully strolled down the empty staircase to exit the mansion and headed toward the Hanok house. Her lover often disappears in the dead of the night to reside at the main house. He sometimes leaves her to rest alone in the master bedroom, claiming he has work to complete. She yawned, climbed the steps, and entered the Hanok master bedroom to search for her lover... but he was nowhere to be found. Strange. She thought.

Sighing deeply... she closed the door... thinking he had left the property early to fulfill his work without informing her. Ah-young walked out of the back door, strode down the concrete steps, and strolled toward the calm lake to stretch her arms over her head until she noticed... a slight movement to her left side... so she glanced in the direction to find... Kim Taehyung... stepping out of the abandoned shed. He closed the rusted door and walked forward in his pajamas but halted once he noticed Ah-young staring at him.

"Did you wake up early?" She asked, weakly greeting Taehyung as he approached her.

"Yeah. I was just wandering around," The alpha shrugged.

"Should we have breakfast together?" She asked while staring at his dazed expression. It appears... he had only woken up... but why did he enter the shed? She didn't have a clue.

"I've got an urgent meeting- You have breakfast. Oh- and I'll head directly to your family's place after work, so leave the property without me," He informed her while gazing at the calm lake. The Yoon had invited the couple to a family dinner.

"Have a great day," Ah-young smiled at Kim Taehyung. He nodded and strolled off while rubbing his swollen face... so Ah-young sighed and glanced at the old shed in curiosity. She briefly glanced at Taehyung as he climbed the stairs to enter the main house... and waited until he disappeared. The woman clasped her hands together and slowly walked toward the moldy bricks. Creak.

Ah-young pulled open the rusty door to let the morning light inside the dark shed... pausing to scan the old mattress... and neatly folded blanket before glancing at the dusty space. She stared at the pile of old silk gowns on the crooked wooden table to inspect the untouched fabrics before closing the door and strolled back to the Hanok house. There was nothing to be suspicious of.

Funeral Venue

Kim Taehyung adjusted the buttons of his fitted suit as he sternly strode inside the somber venue, filled with guests and family members. He glanced at the group of alphas, chattering on the front row before glancing at Jung Hoseok, who was greeting the guests by the opened door in his mourning attire.

The alpha greeted the bereaved family before entering the hall to sit alone on the opposite aisle without approaching his fellow alphas. Taehyung stared at Kang Minah's portrait without blinking and raised his right leg... to hook it over his left kneecap. He glanced down at his hands... to stare at the faint scar on his left wrist with... nothing but a vacant mind. The man gently grazed his thumb over the raised bump that will forever scar his skin.

A permanent mark the Jaguar left... on the lone wolf for... hurting his goddess.

Kim Taehyung snapped out of his thoughts and glanced upward again but paused when he noticed a familiar figure standing before the casket with her head lowered. The man unsurely frowned as he studied her neatly tucked bun and shifted his empty gaze to her black heels without moving his head. He blinked and kept his dull eyes on her because... she appeared somewhat... too familiar.