Alpha - Midnight Rain - Chapter 13

Third Person POV

A young boy softly hummed under his breath as he strolled through the oddly empty corridors with his headphones secured over his ears. The newly revealed anonymous alpha kept his eyes glued on his phone screen as the latest pop music drummed in his head while jogging down the university's marble staircase, leading to the lower floor. The alpha did not hear the blaring siren over his head with the technology of his noise-canceling headphones.

The alpha landed on the floor packed with the frantic crowd without looking up and strolled down another flight of stairs as he cluelessly gamed on his phone with his thumbs. Thud. Thud. He felt heavy footsteps stomping over the stairs behind his back halfway down from the floor leading to the premium alpha's lounge. 

The young boy lowered his phone unsurely, then turned around in curiosity to find a person hurrying down the stairs. He immediately recognized the supreme alpha... even if she was covered in bizarre white substances. The alpha froze on the stairs in horror when the supreme alpha suddenly lost her balance a few steps above his and stumbled off the higher ground. Jerk! His swift reflex responded unconsciously to her alarming fall... by hurling his body forward to assist her with his arms extended upward. Thump! Thump! He sped up the stairs to cushion Jang Sora's fall in extreme bewilderment. 

"ARGH-!" The alpha boy gasped in shock as the supreme alpha slammed hard onto his solid body. He seized her lifeless body in his strong embrace, but her dead weight was too much for him to sustain on the steep stairs.

"Noona- Noona?! Urgh- HELP? SOMEONE HELP US!?-ARK I'M GONNA FUCKING FALL AND BREAK MY NECK- AHEHWGWJH! NOONAAAA~?" The young boy tapped her back in a panic to wake her up as she tilted over the kid's lanky body without budging. The alpha started panicking when she didn't respond to his desperate whimper, so he held her up on the stairs with all his strength- until his puffed-up cute mochi cheeks turned bright red from the overwhelming pressure.

"ARH!" The young boy's legs suddenly wobbled under her weight. He took a step backward but missed the solid landing... causing his mind to signal a jolt of alarming sensation all over his body to warn the alpha of the threatening danger. Badum! His innocent eyes flung open in fright with his arms wrapped around Jang Sora's unresponsive body. He didn't dare release the supreme alpha because he was afraid she might end up tumbling off the remaining stairs, so the boy screeched in panic as he staggered backward with Jang Sora's motionless body- SNATCH! 

The unexpected tug was so firm... the alpha's chest strap suddenly slid up to his neck- forcefully constricting his windpipe to stop the kid from plunging to his death as his stiff body remained slanted... almost forty-five degrees over the steep stairs. Thump! Thump! Thump! 

His poor heart pounded out of control as he stood face down on the stairs... with his bulging eyeballs on the solid landing below him. The young alpha gulped in fear and slowly rotated his head around to find... Chul Sungho clutching onto the hook of his backpack. The boy quickly shifted his startled gaze to find... the higher rank securing his strong arm around the supreme alpha's waist with his free arm while gripping onto the boy to stop him from tumbling off the stairs from the deadly height

"Straighten your body!" Sungho snapped as the young alpha remained petrified on the stairs without budging.

"Oh!- I'm sorry!" The alpha boy gasped, grabbing the railing to haul himself back onto the stairs. Sungho immediately released the young alpha and turned to fasten both his arms around Jang Sora's body.

"She's unconscious," Sungho frowned, gently slapping Sora's soaked face. Her head flopped weakly to the side.

"Is- is noona alright!?" The boy gasped, rushing up the steps to gawk at her dirty face as the fire alarm went off inside the building. Sungho frowned at the supreme alpha's sweat-drenched forehead as he supported her weight on the stairs.