Alpha - Death Angel - Chapter 43

Sora's POV

"First lady~! You didn't have to- Aigo~! We're so ashamed of our drunken behavior!" Assistant Cha gasped in shock as I piled the freshly baked dessert on her table. Taehyung lost the bet, and I don't want to make false promises, especially when the staff is wary of my presence, so I baked it for them.

"Omo! You made so much?! We were only joking!" Assistant Ri apologetically bowed again after realizing the bag was packed with desserts.

"Please share it with the other departments-"

"What's with the fuss?" Taehyung dawdled, cooly strolling into the private lobby with Secretary Yoon, who was somewhat surprised by my unannounced visit.

"Our first lady baked dessert-"

"Really?!- My lady! You didn't actually take our jokes seriously?! Aigo~! It must've been a burden for you~! We'll make sure to eat the cakes and appreciate your efforts in tears~! I'm so touched by your kind gesture~!" Secretary Yoon funnily teased as he peeked inside the massive bags and bowed at me.

"I'm a person of my word," I chuckled. Taehyung dimmed his eyes at the bags loaded with paper boxes decorated with neat ribbons and glanced at me suspiciously.

"Inside my office, now," Taehyung ordered, strolling past me.

The assistants and the secretary happily unloaded the boxes on their desks, so I gripped my handbag that was strapped over my shoulder and entered the office after Taehyung as he took off his suit to hang it on the coat hanger. He nodded to beckon me forward and sternly sat at his desk. What's with his bossy attitude...? I unsurely stood before his desk with my hands gripped over my handbag.

"What did you make me sign the night I was drunk?" Taehyung asked with his eyebrow lifted.

"W-What?" I pursed my lips. Heart... thumping hard against my chest.

"I thought it was a dream. But there were ink stains on my hands after I woke up. What did you make me sign, Sora?" Taehyung pressed, frowning from his seat. I gripped my handbag nervously as he sternly stared at me from behind his organized desk with his hands clasped under his chin. Sighing in defeat, I opened my bag, pulled out a file, and placed the paper on his table. Taehyung lowered his gaze to the document with his eyebrows furrowed.

"You promised to make me your... assistant," I shrugged. Taehyung examined the messy scribble on the work contract.

"That's not how I sign my name. Did you fabricate my signature?" Taehyung scoffed, looking up at me in disbelief. I glanced at the obvious replication of his signature and back at him.

"Y-You w-were drunk! You couldn't perfect your signature..." I shrugged, defensively frowning at him. Taehyung bitterly grabbed the paper, crumpled it between his palms, and tossed it into the trash.

"How dare you take advantage of-"

"Hey! That's not fair! Give it back-"

"You making me sign a work contract when I'm intoxicated is a crime, Sora! I can sue you!" Taehyung grimaced. I bit my lower lips upon his disapproving stare.

"Whatever! I'm leaving! You're so annoying!" I huffed, attempting to walk away. I have to leave before he reads my mind with his supernatural power!

"The interview is tomorrow at noon. If you want the position, then show up. Don't try to cheat your way through just because we're close," Taehyung exhaled. I halted by the door and turned to frown at the man as he leaned back against the chair with his hands clasped together.

"We're not close," I muttered, coldly turning around to leave Taehyung's office. The secretary and assistants excitedly chatted with me in the lobby, so I stayed back briefly to speak with them and finally left the building to return home.