Alpha - Squabble - Chapter 4

Flash back: Before Hoseok's Party

Sora's POV

"What do you think you're doing?! I told you not to meddle with the council's affairs, yet you dared to submit your application for the executive chair?!" Taehyung scolded me in irritation as we stood in the empty university corridor.

"I figured I should apply for a vacant spot," I shrugged.

"That's Kim Namjoon's position," Taehyung frowned at me.

"The serving term is one-year maximum, and Namjoon had already served the council for over a year. I'm sure Namjoon will encourage me to take over his position," I explained. Why is he hindering me from joining the student council?

"Kim Namjoon will never let you dominate him," Taehyung clenched his jaw.

"What if he does? We're quite close-"

"Then go ahead and beg him for his position. You'll get your answer," Taehyung sneered, darkening his gaze on my stubborn determination.

"It doesn't mean I deserve to be mistreated by everyone else just because you hate me!" I snapped at Taehyung. He scoffed at my rudeness and tried to speak again when I suddenly stormed off in anger... just in time to find Namjoon stepping out of a lecture room.

"Oh. Sora? You're leaving?" Namjoon smiled when he noticed me storming up to him. I gripped my fist with my piercing gaze trained on the clueless alpha. Namjoon blinked at my tense expression before looking past me to stare at Taehyung.

"Come with me," I muttered, lightly grabbing Namjoon's wrist. He didn't resist my lead and followed me away from Taehyung. I pushed the door open to an empty lecture hall, pulling Namjoon inside without clarifying my intention.

"It's pretty noticeable when you're mad," Namjoon pointed out after I slammed the door shut behind my back and spun around on my heels to stare intensely at the tall man.

"You're aware that I like you, don't you? I've always been open with my feelings," I asked without taking my eyes off Namjoon's neutral expression. He unsurely eyed me as we stood inside the empty lecture hall.

"It seems like it, but I never made any assumptions because I thought it was your nature to be emotionally unrestrained," Namjoon sighed while standing before me with a faint smile. I quietly stared at Namjoon and narrowed my eyes at him. What should I say to prove my feelings for him?

I gripped my hand, stepping forward to shorten the gap between us until we were way too close to each other. Namjoon was much taller than me, so I had to tilt my face upward to meet his dragon eyes. Thump. Thump. I can hear my heart pounding in my chest. Carefully... I tip-toed upward to give him a soft peck on his lips. The alpha didn't budge as he stared straight at me with a blank expression. I slowly opened my eyes, and then took a step back to maintain an appropriate distance between us.