Alpha - Everlasting Legacy - Chapter 56

________________________________

ALPHA | PART 3

The End of a New Beginning

________________________________

Sora's POV

Chirp... Chirp... Chirp...

The cool morning breeze subtly flowed through the small gap between the opened windows, blowing against the sheer curtain, causing the white material to flutter delicately as the morning birds waked before the glorious sunrise to stretch their sore wings over the sturdy branches, ready for their routine voyage. I quietly stared at the morning sky while tracing my gaze after the flock of birds... soaring high across the vast opening to glide over the steep hills and deep lakes.

I gently stroke the prickly hair roots over my husband's scalp with my fingers without blinking as he steadily breathed against my chest. His head... resting over my upper arm and legs entangled with mine under the comforter blanket, made from a material... specifically designed to trap my body warmth. Yangcha doesn't like thick blankets because his body is packed with natural warmth... but I usually freeze under thin blankets, so he compromised and allowed me to use a thicker material. He often wakes up sweating due to accumulated heat under the blanket... and that's why I leave the window open... to balance his body temperature.

I finally blinked out my empty thoughts and glanced down to find Yangcha... resting on his side, comfortably snuggled up against my body under the warm blanket. He's fast asleep. Smiling, I gazed at the light freckles over his cheeks and nose. The faint brownish specks... forming all over his skin... due to the frequent sun exposure during his day out. I quietly admired each of the blemishes... mesmerized by every little detail of his spots... each of them... uniquely presenting itself over his honey-tanned skin... as his signature marks.

How is he alive? I don't know. I thought I killed him during the rainstorm. I was afraid the council would brutally murder him in cold blood, so I gambled and stabbed him to appease the hungry wolves. Yangcha was left to bleed in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't save him because if I did... the wolves would return to finish him off.

But I had a plan. A bad one.

I wasn't sure if my strategy would unfold just as I had envisioned... but Do-hwan... agreed to come to the rescue... once the Jaguar fell at the hands of the council. 

The chief guard waited for everyone to clear the area before arriving with his men to save the wounded beast. The head doctor took care of Yangcha at his private home, and he was unconscious for roughly two weeks due to severe blood loss. Well. I never intended to plunge the blade too deep... but Yangcha somehow forced the stainless steel into his flesh... until it almost scratched his beating heart.

Taehyung was... of course... upset once he realized Jae Yangcha was still breathing and insisted on ending him... but- I begged. I begged him on my knees. I begged Kim Taehyung to free the injured beast. As expected... he's against Yangcha's existence... so I met with the top alphas and confessed Yangcha's stable condition to the pack.

Seokjin was skeptical at first, but I promised... to convince Yangcha to cooperate with the council. He did. Yangcha agreed to return Seokjin's power after waking up because he was afraid... they'd harm me and our child if he defied the council. And as a result... Seokjin and the alphas... agreed to let the powerless alpha thrive within the society... closely monitored by the pack.