Alpha - White Lies - Chapter 58

Third Person POV

On the secluded land of the resting souls... amongst the scattered gray headstones with deep engravings of the deceased titles... stood a distinct white marble grave. Do-hwan folded his arms and leaned against the car with his legs crossed as he watched the twins chase each other through the quiet site as Jang Sora kneeled on the grass by her late husband's grave with a baby stroller. The man bitterly watched her from afar before glancing up at the cloudy sky... shading the living souls from the scorching sun's glare with its dense haze.

"Appa~?" Beom cooed from the stroller, curiously leaning over the rubber railing to watch his mother organize Jae Yangcha's memorial on her knees.

"Oh. Appa is resting here. Say hello~!" Sora smiled without glancing up as she positioned the flower bouquet by his marble tombstone. She refused the old-fashioned stone because... she thought it was too plain and dull for her husband. Instead, she picked the highest quality marble, polished with a glossy surface.

 Instead, she picked the highest quality marble, polished with a glossy surface

"Weeee~!" Kanghoon raced past his mother as Woojin circled a tree and dashed in the right direction to pursue a dragonfly above his head

"Don't scream~! This is a graveyard, so be respectful!" Sora whined at the twins. They giggled and jogged over the grass, mischievously zigzagging between the tombstones to chase the insects.

"Wah~!" Beom chortled, cutely chuckling at his mother with his plump mochi cheeks. Sora briefly glanced at the baby as he opened and closed his tiny palms to reach for her while licking his glossy pink lips.

"Isn't appa's place pretty~?" Sora smiled, sitting directly on the grass in a loose dress. The alpha admired the colorful petals as she placed away the withered flowers in a bag, carefully wiping the tombstone with a silk napkin to brush the accumulated dust of her husband's name.

"Ahhhh~!" Beom giggled at his mother, causing her to smile at his cuteness. She glanced at Jae Yangcha's tombstone again. Her heart wasn't as heavy as it used to be. The mother of three children exhaled deeply with a relieved feeling as she sat in absolute silence to savor the tranquil atmosphere.