Alpha - Our Fairytale - Chapter 51

Third Person POV

The translucent blue tint of the artificial streams coursed brilliantly along the curved route as the subtle ripples sailed through the waterway surrounding the villa hidden deep in the remote wilderness. Isolated from the active city noises and light pollution... lay the lost goddess... soundly asleep within the Jagaur's soothing embrace.

The bruises on her delicate skin were healed by the consistent grooming as the beast licked her wounds clean with his love strokes. Her active mind... eventually hushing the static noises of her subconsciousness as the wilderness appeased her broken soul with its therapeutic breeze and melodious insect calls.

And her heart? At peace and whole again.

The Jaguar had taken her away from the misery of her life to thrive with him in a place... carefully curated to suit her needs. The beast would rise every morning to bring her warm meals. He spends the day keeping her company... and on nights he can't seem to fall asleep... he sits under the moonlight to guard the cave.

So she can peacefully rest without being disturbed by the evil curse of her power burden.

The first time they met... he was just a young cub... loaded with vigorous ambition to explore the boundless territory of the extensive world. The cub met the goddess for the first time in a foreign land. And instead of neglecting him like the others, she paused to appreciate his existence. He was beyond elated by her attention.... as the beauty crouched down to pet him with her graceful gestures.

And at that very moment, he couldn't help... but fall in love with her selfless soul.

The young cub desired to protect her from the vicious wolves she calls a family.

He wanted to love her regardless of her platonic feelings for him.

The beast hoped to shield her from the deadliest storm with his little paws.

The Jaguar was never a greedy monster. In fact, he was happy for her. He never dared to hope for more than what she could give him. He'd follow her through the wilderness, lurking behind the tall grass and hiding within the shadows, silently moving along her side without disrupting her path.

He loved to admire her from afar because he knew... he didn't harbor the capacity to hold her to himself. He was never greedy. Never. So he followed her path, worshiping her every footstep and lingering within her space to keep its eyes on her, without ever actually... invading her space.

The young cub led a peaceful life until it was attacked by an aggressive hunter, and brutally beaten to a pulp during a power play orchestrated by the vicious wolves. His entire bloodline... mercilessly slaughtered by the players of the corrupted society. And so, he was left to thrive alone.

An orphan, they'd call him. A sheep, they mocked. A cripple, they'd crack a laughter.

The innocence and uprightness consequently vanished from his pure soul as the blood from his wounds.... bathed him like water. Yet no one seemed to pity him. No one seemed to care. Not a soul... spared a glimpse of sympathy for the vulnerable cub. They mercilessly expelled him from the pack, left to rot and die in the wilderness infested with sticky mud and flesh-eating insects.

It felt like... he was being sucked into a dark abyss upon witnessing his parent's mutilated corpses... left in the filth by the cold-blooded pack. No one mourned his family's passing. They simply rejected him and moved forward, and he was left behind to fend for himself.