Alpha - Child Support - Chapter 54

Third Person POV

Before Abduction

Kim Taehyung repeatedly coughed in discomfort as he slumped on the couch after his morning wake and tilted his head backward while sniffing his runny nostrils. The father unfortunately contracted the bothersome flu from the twin. They carried the cold for the past few days and somehow transmitted the illness to their father, who is now suffering from a sore throat and a dull headache.

"APPA!" Woojin shrieked, suddenly hopping onto Taehyung's thighs as the man remained drowsy from being crushed by the sickness. He had suffered their mother's stab to his chest, severe bone fractures... and even endured a heartbreak... yet the flu is the worst of them all. It felt like someone was scraping his throat with sandpaper.

"Outside~! Appa outside~!" Kanghoon demanded as he hugged Taehyung's neck, who groaned and opened his burning eyelids to stare at the cool patch on the twin's foreheads. They were very energetic for someone... who is also suffering from the illness.

"No-"

"OUTSIDE! WE WANT TO PLAY WITH CHINGU~!" The twins screeched while smacking their father's chest to grab his attention. Taehyung grunted and closed his eyes again as they screamed in his ears, hoping they'd eventually give up and leave him alone. But their voices only got louder until the father's blood boiled in extreme irritation.

"BE QUIET!" Taehyung snapped, angrily sitting up to glare at the twins.

The child immediately pouted as they froze in place upon his harsh outburst. They suddenly crawled off his lap and started squealing like dying pigs to express their discontentment. Kanghoon wildly kicked his legs in the air as Woojin spun on his back like a helicopter wing. Kim Taehyung's threats didn't work on the twins anymore. They became more greedy and daring after their mother spoiled them with her giving nature.

"OUTSIDE~! OUTSIDE~! WANNA PLAY WITH CHINGU~!" They squealed on the floor, causing Taehyung to frown at the twins' stubbornness. The alpha hastily rose from the couch and stormed back inside the bedroom- BANG! The twins suddenly stopped throwing a tantrum and quickly sat up to stare at the closed door... until tears filled their eyes.

"APPA IS SO MEAN~! WAAAAAAH~! WE WANT EOMMA~ EOMMAAAA~!" They screamed even louder from outside the door as Taehyung slipped back under his blanket and pulled the pillow over his ears to keep out their deafening whiney noises. He groaned and pressed his burning face into the pillow... panting heavily until his temples throbbed in pain from their high-pitched screams.

A moment later.

Kim Taehyung suddenly jerked awake from his drool-drenched pillow and turned his head to scan the dark afternoon sky. He grunted and sat up to rub his dazed face, slightly furrowing his eyebrows at the muted silence outside the door. The television wasn't on... and even the footsteps had ceased. Sighing heavily... he crawled off the messy bed-

"Ah!- Fuck!" Taehyung painfully hopped on one foot when he accidentally stepped on a block of their scattered toys. The alpha seethed in annoyance as he furiously flung open the door, and marched out of the bedroom... intending to scold them... only to find the twins... sprawling on both couches with their legs spread apart and their snots... dripping from their nostrils.

Hic... Hic... They quietly sulked in their sleep.

The father had forgotten to feed them lunch. Kim Taehyung glanced at the half-eaten banana on the coffee table and at the milk in the mug with a slight frown before shifting his eyes back to his brooding children as they lay a mess with snots and tears all over their faces.