Alpha - Red Petals - Chapter 45

Sora's POV

The hospital nurses scuttled actively into the shared emergency room to attend to the other patients on their respective beds as I sat against the pillow in the medical attire with my wrist hooked to the IV drip. I was immediately rushed to the hospital for a checkup after I collapsed at the hotel. I blinked out of my thoughts when Taehyung strolled into the room, calmly sitting by my bedside. He left earlier to handle the documentation and medical bills.

"No- Don't shut the curtain," I muttered as he attempted to draw the curtains around my bed for privacy.

The alpha frowned at my instruction as he uneasily scanned the other beds, occupied by the averages. He sat down on the chair beside the bed in defeat as I listlessly stared at the bruise on the corner of his lips. I struck him out of fear when he tried to help me. Should I apologize...? He must be as startled as I am.

"Sora. We should move to a private suite. This environment isn't suitable for you-"

"I don't want to be alone... with you," I muttered, lowering my dim eyes to my fingers. Taehyung insisted that I rest in the VIP room, but I refused because I was afraid to be alone with him due to the distressing assault. He had already changed into a fresh set of casual clothes delivered by the guards.

"Why? I won't hurt you-"

"I saw you," I swallowed, lifting my tearful eyes to Taehyung's concerned frown. We're still in Gwangju... and I want to go home but given my current state... I doubt I'll make it home anytime soon.

"What?" Taehyung unsurely searched my grim expression.

"When he assaulted me... I saw you," I whispered.

The alpha pursed his lips in dread... as if he didn't hear me right. He appeared... concerned yet baffled by my claim of perceiving him as the culprit. Taehyung let out a deep exhale after a moment of silence between us. The room hummed quietly as we listened to the other patient's and medical employees' low chatters. He glanced at a teenage kid on the bed across from mine, whose arms were bandaged. I feel safer here... around other people.

"You were drugged. It's not me. You know I wouldn't-"

"But I'm still uncomfortable," I shook my head. I saw him, and I'm still terrified. Why did my mind perceive the shareholder as the alpha? I didn't know, but everything was too graphic for me to feel comfortable around him. Taehyung pursed his lips, slightly frowning at my stubbornness again, eventually exhaling in defeat and lowered his face to his palms. He pulled the hotel bathrobe over my body and rushed me to the hospital right after he threw the shareholder off the top floor.

"Do you want me to contact Yangcha? I'll call him if you're uncomfortable," Taehyung asked. I pursed my lips to consider his offer.

"He won't be happy. Don't inform him," I shook my head. Taehyung sighed heavily.

"We'll return to Seoul tomorrow," Taehyung announced, bitterly eyeing my unfavorable condition. I dimly nodded while sitting on the bed until the nurse approached me again.

The guards showed up at the hospital to escort us back to the Hanok, so I spent the entire afternoon resting on the mattress as Taehyung dealt with the commotion at the hotel with his security team.

Knock. Knock. I shifted my attention from the folding screen while lying on my side at the sudden disturbance. Taehyung pushed open the door and strolled into the room with a small wooden table prepared with a bowl and glass of water.

"I'm not hungry," I muttered, pulling the blanket upward to hide my bruised cheek. Taehyung didn't respond to my refusal and placed the wooden table beside the mattress.