Alpha - Unscratched - Chapter 23

Sora's POV

The initially dark lecture room finally lit up as the officers and principal rushed to the scene of absolute madness. The dark blood... glowing bright red as it reflected the blinding lights and the swollen bruises became more defined as I stared at the inner torn tissues of her sockets. Taehyung was the next person... to discover us after Jungkook called his cousin to assist Park Jimin. I was in utter shock. I couldn't move my muscles. I couldn't mutter a word until Jungkook dragged me aside to make me sit at an empty desk at the front of the classroom. Still, I couldn't grasp the situation and remained stifled with a bloodless face.

"We must evacuate everyone!" Seokjin frowned as Taehyung stood over the corpse with a slight grimace. The principal evacuated the entire floor to prevent the alphas and lower ranks from tampering with the crime scene.

"The killer is within-"

"Exactly. What if the killer goes after another person? The university will bear the consequences of the murders," Seokjin clenched his jaw. Taehyung had ordered an urgent university lockdown to trap the serial killer.

"And then what? The killer will return to slaughter another person if we spare them. Bring me the alpha's logs in and out of the university," Taehyung shook his head as he stubbornly opposed Seokjin's request to release the students. 

The security staff bowed at Taehyung's order and hurried away to retrieve the files. Jungkook worriedly patted my back as he leaned against my desk while I sat on the chair with my unblinking eyes on the blood stain on my shoes. Who is it? What's their intention? Seokjin fired Taehyung's disgruntled look before turning to speak with a professor, who was discussing with the security team.

The principal eventually evacuated the top alphas from the room after the investigation unit arrived to perform a forensic analysis. We were transferred to the private meeting room as the remaining students resided in the school's council auditorium, guarded by a horde of guards.

Only the top alphas were gathered within the spacious room. Minho was scrolling through his phone with an unbothered look. Mira and Minah didn't show up to school, nor did Namjoon. Haerim had left the campus earlier this afternoon... and So-young insisted on staying with Jimin in the infirmary with the nurse and guards because she didn't want to leave Jimin's side. Jungkook stepped back inside the dull room after leaving earlier to answer a call as I quietly sat beside Taehyung, who was busy scrolling through the logs on his laptop screen with his eyebrows furrowed. He's been staring at the list of names for the past hour.

"The elders called. They sent Do-hwan, so he'll be here to look after Sora," Jungkook informed Taehyung. I nodded in exhaustion when Taehyung turned to me with a restless gaze.

"Do you want to sleep? I'll take you to the president's lounge," Taehyung asked, gently pushing the loose hair strand behind my ear and shifted his fingers to caress my cheek.

"I'm fine," I shook my head. How can I possibly fall asleep in this situation? The principal finally entered the room with the professors and the head of the school's security unit, followed by a few external investigators.

"Jang Sora and Jeon Jungkook were the first to discover the body," The principal informed as he settled at the board table with the alphas. I locked my arm around Taehyung's arm and leaned against his shoulder for support.

"No. Jimin found the body first," Jungkook shrugged. The investigators asked Jungkook and me a few questions regarding the incident... but there weren't any clear explanations for the slaughter. Because... There was a blackout on the floor and neither of us... encountered anyone else besides Jimin and the victim. It was just the two of us and Jimin on the level.