Alpha - Mind Games - Chapter 8

Sora's POV

The breezy night wind tenderly brushed my thin nightgown as I stared at Taehyung's warm gaze with little to no reaction. The man stared back at me without blinking as he awaited my response to his offer. I'm blank. I gulped and glanced to our side to find Hoseok staring at us with an unsettled expression. Taehyung gently grabbed my wrist and tugged me, so I followed him back inside the mansion gate without speaking with Hoseok. Still. I gripped tightly onto Yoongi's kimchi bag while struggling to sort out my mind.

"Where are you going?-" Taehyung quickly spun around with a dark frown when I hastily tugged my wrist out of his grasp and hurried away. I didn't answer Taehyung and jogged around the mansion until I was storming inside the empty security department.

"Sora!" Taehyung snapped, startling me with his angered voice, but I didn't stop and hurried toward the transparent office with a pale face.

"Oh? What are you doing here-" Do-hwan lifted his face from his desk as I barged inside his personal space without warning him. Taehyung suddenly pushed the door open behind my back and grabbed my wrist again. Why is he so clingy?! I whined and shoved him away.

"Make him go away!" I demanded, hurriedly circling Do-hwan's chair to hide behind his bulky body.

"What's going on? Why are you terrorizing her?" Do-hwan turned his head from side to side to observe my strange behavior before glancing back at Taehyung's uptight expression.

"I only want to speak with her!- Yah! Stop hiding-" Taehyung spoke in irritation, stubbornly circling the desk, so I nervously gripped Do-hwan's forearm with my face shoved against the man's solid back.

"Why don't you head to bed?" Do-hwan asked, darkly rising from his armchair up to block Taehyung's path before he could seize my arm. I gripped Do-hwan's shirt with my frightened gaze on the alpha. Taehyung halted before Do-hwan and averted his dangerous eyes to the chief guard.

"How dare you block my path? Did the elders grant you too much power? Step aside," Taehyung sneered. The man didn't budge and remained as solid a barrier between us.

"I might not have the power to challenge your authority as a mere average, but it is a strict order from The Jang to protect the heiress with my life. I am permitted to assassinate any alphas who intend to harm Sora. And you're not an exception," Do-hwan warned. Taehyung stared intensely at Do-hwan, causing me to tense up in fear. What if they end up fighting? Taehyung finally exhaled in defeat, signaling his surrender.

"How is kissing her harmful?" Taehyung questioned with a dumbfounded look.

"What?" Do-hwan questioned, unsurely side-eyeing my flustered cheeks.

"I kissed her, and she freaked out," Taehyung sighed, folding his arms with his thick eyebrow raised at me. Do-hwan blinked as if he couldn't comprehend Taehyung's words and awkwardly glanced at me for an explanation, so I bit my lips and retreated into Dohwan's shadow without responding.

"And why would you- kiss her? All of a sudden?" Do-hwan asked, turning to Taehyung again.

"Why would you ever kiss a woman, Do-hwan-shi?" Taehyung rolled his eyes. I felt my cheeks flushing even redder as I listened to him speak.

The chief guard unsurely averted his startled gaze to me again, so I quickly dropped the heavy kimchi box on his desk and dashed past Taehyung. Whip! I sprinted out of Do-hwan's office and ran as fast as my legs could carry me until I reached my bedroom. THUD. I slammed the door shut and shakily locked the handle before backing away with swelling sweat beads over my forehead.