Alpha - The Wilderness - Chapter 17

Present: Sora in the lounge with Seokjin.

"Ugh~!" I grumbled under my breath, slightly jerking awake as I slouched against the wall in an uncomfortable position. My head is throbbing with a dull ache and my eyes are burning so much it's stinging my eyeballs- I froze in the corner of the room when I noticed... Seokjin sitting at his desk with his eyes closed and arms crossed over his chest. Did I fall asleep while crying?

"Ah- My back is still sore~!" I whispered, crawling towards Taehyung's comfy leather seat. I gripped the handle and hauled my weak body onto the chair. I fumbled my fingers over the adjustment buttons until I felt the backrest slanting backward. Oh~ That feels so good.

My stuffy nose kept releasing snots after the intense crybaby session, so I rubbed my nose with my wrist to find the slimy and clear substance stretching from my nose. Ew... I'm so disgusting. Thud! I flinched in the seat at the unexpected disruption when Seokjin hurled his tissue box across the room. It slammed right on Taehyung's table, causing my jaw to drop in disbelief.

Right! He's really disturbed by nasty things! And that is me at this very moment! The top alpha kept his eyes closed and crossed his arms again as I bitterly snatched the tissues from the box to dab my nose.

"The door is still broken, thanks to you, so preserve your energy and don't fuss too much, or I'll seriously jump out of the window to avoid you," Seokjin muttered calmly. I glared at his frank statement.

"Achew~! Achew!" I sneezed into the tissue. I didn't respond to Seokjin and rubbed my swollen eyes with a slight grimace. I can sense the burning heat... seeping out of my dry eyeballs.  Shit... I lost my voice. And it feels like someone is scrubbing my throat with sandpaper! I hugged my knees on Taehyung's leather chair and helplessly leaned back with an aching body.

"I'm sorry," Seokjin suddenly spoke up. I frowned at his unexpected apology and opened my eyes again to find Seokjin staring at me from his desk with his head tilted against the headrest. He looked... almost... depleted.

"What for?" I asked hoarsely. My throat is so sore.

"For screaming at you earlier. I didn't mean to lash out at you. It's unlike me to behave like a barbarian," Seokjin muttered, keeping his weary gaze on me. I rubbed my eyes and yawned sleepily at his apologies

"I don't mind the tone, but brute statements can't be swallowed once spat out," I said quietly, shifting my downcast gaze to stare out the window. The sun is setting. Why are they taking forever to open the door?

"Those words... I never intended to let you hear them. I wanted to keep it to myself, but the door broke when I desperately needed to be alone... and we were stuck during the most unfortunate time... so I lost my temper," Seokjin explained his explosive reaction earlier. Why is he so apologetic? It's not like his apology is an antidote that will make us feel any better.

"You must've been restless... for you to be this furious with me. At least you plucked out the thorn from your heart. You can start healing now," I shrugged. Seokjin's hurtful words somehow made me feel better. I was always consciously uneasy about his attachment to me. It's a relief to know he loathes me. Seokjin grew hushed, so I averted my eyes back... to find him staring at me with a beaten look.

"Return my jacket," Seokjin muttered, finally glancing away from me.

"Jacket?" I frowned.

"The one I lent to you on the rooftop. It's inappropriate to keep another man's clothes with you, especially not when you're with another person. Kim Taehyung might give me a black eye," Seokjin mumbled. Right. I left his jacket in my room.