Alpha - Disgraceful Existence - Chapter 69

Third Person POV

Boom. Boom. Boom.

Jae Beom groaned in discomfort while stirring over an oddly comfortable surface as he slowly regained consciousness from the darkness of his throbbing head. He suffered a mild concussion from the unexpected force on his face. The alpha had lost his sense of place and time as he stirred on the mattress... until his blurry sight adjusted to the plain ceiling above his head. He's in his bedroom.

Beom turned his head over the pillow to squint at the warm light source in confusion as the upbeat music blasted at peak volume. He grunted at the frustrating noise disturbance- relentlessly hammering on his sensitive eardrums. The injured alpha attempted to move his arms above his head but- Click. Click. He couldn't budge.

"Uh...?" Beom groaned, unsurely tilting his head upward to find both his wrists... securely restrained to the bedboard with steel cuffs. The alpha froze and frantically tried to sit up- but gasped in discomfort... once a jolt of pain surged through his nose and up to his forehead.

"What the hell?!" Beom scoffed, wildly thrashing on the bed while tugging his wrists in a panic to free himself from the cuffs... assuming there was an ill-intended intruder within his villa... until he noticed movements at the foot of the bed. Fwip! He snapped his dazed face in the direction to find a familiar woman... dancing in a silk gown with a small... duck toy in her hand.

"You're awake?" Soomin smiled, suddenly pausing to stare at Beom's baffled expression as he remained helpless on the bed. The Jeon's daughter casually skipped over the tiles to switch off the blaring speaker on the cabinet... until the bedroom grew utterly hushed. Beom didn't blink and looked his former up and down with his eyebrows furrowed.  

"What are you doing here...?" Beom grunted while sprawling on the mattress with a tissue lodged in his nostril. Soomin shrugged as she walked over to sit on the bed edge with his toy duck and glanced at the confused alpha. He couldn't believe she remembered the way to his secret bunker. Beom frowned at her lively appearance.

"Did it hurt? The blow to your face," Soomin asked with a straight face as she eyed the swollen bump on his left forehead. Beom squeezed his eyes shut to shake off the blurriness and grunted in discomfort once he felt the dull throb pulsing in his head.

"Free me. I don't like this," Beom hoarsely muttered in annoyance. The alpha yanked his arm again- yet failed to free himself, so he exhaled deeply to contain his swelling stuffiness and eventually slumped over the pillow in defeat.

"Why should I care about your discomfort?" Soomin scoffed. Beom calmly remained on the bed with his eyes fixed on Soomin's cold expression as she sat in his mother's nightgown.

"What do you want?" Beom mumbled, briefly glancing at the cuffs around his wrists with a slight grimace. His throat is super sore due to severe dehydration.

"I'm seeking revenge," Soomin smirked, slowly rising from the bed with the toy duck. The alpha gulped and glanced at the toy in her hands before glancing back at Soomin.

"Revenge...?" Beom muttered, dumbfounded by her claim. Soomin rolled her eyes at his clueless response.

"I'm going to smash your duck because you're an asshole," Soomin mumbled as she grabbed a hammer she had found in the back room and placed the duck on the floor. The young lady heaved the heavy steel to swing it above her head, causing Jae Beom to widen his eyes in shock. 

"Hey! What are you doing?!- Soomin!" Beom gasped, suddenly jerking in a panic once Soomin swung the hammer toward the yellow duck as the alpha screamed at the top of his lungs, desperately begging her to halt her hostile act. Thud! Thud!