Alpha - Cotton Candy - Chapter 46

Recommended Song for the 1st scene: The Way That We Started by Elijah Woods ;)

Third Person POV

Squawk. Squawk. Squawk. 

Kim Taehyung gradually drifted from the dark abyss until his eyelids parted upon the warm brilliance... to greet the depressing gray canvas. Its gloomy clouds... drifting above his face as a pair of seagulls flapped its wings, soaring steadily over the early morning sky. The alpha blinked once and lifted his head to find himself sprawling on the calm seaside beach. Frowning unsurely... he sat up on the damp sand to stare at the vast view with a dazed mind.

"How'd I get here?" Taehyung muttered, turning his head from side to side to search the empty beach in confusion as he sat in his golden suit, baffled by his presence at the random coastline.

"Appa!" A cute voice shrieked behind his back. 

The alpha immediately turned to find... Jang Sora... sitting on the bench in her thin floral dress and messy put-up bun ornamented with a jade pin while cradling a young baby girl in her arms. Taehyung scrunched his eyebrows and glanced at the toddler in utter confusion. He recognized her voice. The child. Despite never meeting her, he felt this intense attachment to the young soul. He couldn't comprehend the situation and stared at the child and the mother in utter silence as the gentle waves softly washed the seashells onto the shore.

"Appa is awake~!" Sora chuckled. The baby girl excitedly beamed at the stiff alpha as he sat on the sand with a slight frown. Appa...? He didn't understand why the child called him her father, but the longer he stared at the innocent pupils... the more he saw himself in the child's features.

"What's happening...?" Taehyung blinked, unsurely scrambling to his feet, but halted again once he found himself clutching... the wedding bouquet in his left hand. The alpha glanced down at his chest... expecting to see a messy blood splatter... but there were no wounds. There wasn't a scratch on his body... and the pain he felt earlier... wasn't bothering him anymore.

"Took you long enough," Sora smiled, lifting her daughter to her chest and stood up from the bench. Taehyung shifted his confused gaze from the flowers to find the mother... strolling steadily by the shore on her bare feet. Her beach dress... lightly fluttering with the mild breeze as she held onto her daughter. 

"Appa~!" The little girl waved at him as she gripped her mother's shoulder. 

Taehyung stood fixed in his place, unable to grasp the situation as the young soul repeatedly called for him. He had never been this conscious in a dream before. Is it a dream? Taehyung unsurely glanced at the bleak morning sky with a restless feeling. Is he dead..? Taehyung thought and glanced back at the supreme alpha as she carried her child against her shoulder, softly splashing her feet over the shallow end.

"S-Sora- What's happening?!" Taehyung called, jogging after Jang Sora as the cute child extended her arms for him. The alpha clutched tightly onto the bouquet and chased after his former lover over the morning seaside as the sun slowly emerged from the far horizon to ignite the peaceful world with its soothing warmth.

"You're so cute~!" Sora chuckled, lifting her daughter to give the child a breathy kiss on her plump cheeks as she splashed over the ankle-deep water in her white floral dress. 

Kim Taehyung briefly stopped chasing her once he realized... he was still far from her. He glanced down at the flowers with a dark frown and sprinted over the sand again, determined to reach Jang Sora... who was drifting farther... and farther away from him.

"SORA! CAN YOU HEAR ME!? WAIT-" Taehyung shouted for her attention, but Sora didn't turn and strode forward with her child. 

The alpha huffed in exhaustion, eventually stopping again to stabilize his unsteady breathing rhythm. Huff! He bent over his knees and closed his eyes, hoping he'd wake up from his delusional mind and return to reality... but even after a moment of trying to revive his consciousness... he was still stuck in the strange muted world. The supreme alpha didn't... seem to... notice his desperate calls and strolled forward with her steady steps.