Alpha - The Protagonist - Chapter 9

Sora's POV

Seokjin accompanied me home as I insisted after the incident at the university because I was feeling super nauseous. He was weirdly understanding and didn't push me to speak, so I thanked him once we arrived at the mansion, and he left. I should've spoken to him. I requested the maids to bring dinner because I wasn't feeling well. They did as I asked, so I ate alone in my room, then I made sure to lock my door because I was afraid Taehyung would break inside to strangle me.

Are you questioning my relationship status with Seokjin? It's not real. He only did it to get me out of trouble. And how did I end up with a pregnancy test? Well, I suspected I was pregnant because of my delayed period. Why would a virgin supreme alpha be pregnant? It's a long story, but I'll tell you later. I promise.

I tried to ignore the stupid situation, but people just... wouldn't leave me alone at the university or even at home. Luckily, the elders were away on their business trip during the whole commotion, so I only had to deal with the foul gossip at the academy. Jungkook wouldn't stop bugging me about my relationship status with the second-rank alpha. He would follow me around. Try to bicker with me. Whine like a child and then get upset when I refuse to respond. I didn't engage with anyone and completely isolated myself from the world. Taehyung avoided me, which was also a huge relief. To be honest, I might ask him to kill me if we ever get into a fight again.

Sighing deeply, I skimmed the book in my hand as the prying eyes in the lobby monitored my every movement with the intent to staple my faults. The alphas and lower ranks are gossiping about me and I can assure you it's some mental shit. They declared I'm pregnant with Seokjin's child. They shamelessly accused me of being a slut. Some... would say Seokjin used me for my body and that I was a horny bitch. The worst problem was... Seokjin didn't show up to school for the next few days. He didn't contact me either. He just... disappeared. I don't know what's happening, but the society is having so much pleasure slut shaming me. Women would fire me disgusted dirty looks while the men made disdainful sexual jokes. But I was too weary to even give a damn and chose to be alone.

"FUCK OFF!" Jungkook bellowed at a group of lower ranks when they wouldn't stop catcalling me. They flinched in fright and hurried off as the alpha approached my side. The good thing is... only Jungkook seems to care about me. That's a relief. Minah tried speaking to me often, but I withdrew from our conversations as soon as she tried to initiate a topic.

"Are you going to follow Taehyung's path? Punishing yourself like this? You know you can speak to me, right?" Jungkook sighed, slumping down on the couch with me. He's here to poke me for answers again. I'm not annoyed by his behavior because it's typical of him. I didn't respond and quietly read the files in silence. Jungkook sorely grimaced at my muted silence with his eyes narrowed in irritation.