Alpha - The Prophecy - Chapter 42

Sora's POV

The mansion's living room bustled loudly at the echoes of frantic footsteps marching back and forth over the polished tiles. The vibrations... bouncing within thick walls as I sat unblinkingly with my empty gaze on the dried blood on my hands. There were no thoughts in my webbed mind. Nothing. I felt nothing but a hollow void. Am I frightened? Am I confused? Am I worried? No. I am calm.

I gradually shifted my downcast eyes to the frowning elders as they thunderously discussed the incident with the chief guard in an attempt to contain the disorder. No one expected the superstar to die in vain during an ordinary company occasion, so everyone is taken aback by the spotless murder. How is it that no one knew? Until he's dead?

Of course, it was the work of a skilled killer.

"Sora! Did you witness anything?" Eomma asked, nudging my shoulder to wake me from my blankness. I glanced at Kim Taehyung, who was darkly standing beside the opened door with his arms crossed while speaking to imo.

"Sweetie. You were the first to see him there," Mr. Jeon worriedly joined the conversation.

"I didn't... see anyone else. Only the superstar," I answered. Eomma exhaled in disbelief and slumped beside me in irritation. I didn't see anyone. Only Lee Seojun and Kim Taehyung. How else am I supposed to answer?

"Lee Seojun is a nationwide sensation! His murder will devastate the people!" My mother grunted while rubbing her sore temples. Taehyung shifted his dim eyes in my direction as he stood by the door, so I quickly glanced back at my hands.

"Where was Jae Yangcha?!" Jungkook snapped, suddenly storming into the living room with an infuriated scowl. I lifted my face to stare at his blunt confrontation unsurely.

"He was home," I muttered.

"Prove his whereabouts! That fucker-"

"It's not him!" I snapped, defensively launching to my feet to stop Jungkook from invading my space as he attempted to tower over me. He didn't back off and hardened his frown with his jaws clenched. [Edited]

"It's not him!" I snapped, defensively launching to my feet to stop Jungkook from invading my space as he attempted to tower over me. He didn't back off and hardened his frown with his firm jaws clenched.

"Lee Seojun died during Philantrophy's event! Did you think this is a joke?! The organization will fucking bear the backlash!" Jungkook sneered, furiously lowering his gaze to my stern face.

"You have no evidence against him!" I screamed, causing Jungkook to tense his jaw until the muscles under his flesh bulged from the compression.

"Jae Yangcha is the primary suspect. Search for him!" Jungkook ordered. I scoffed in discontent at his hot-headed determination, attempting to counter him... but was abruptly cut short once Taehyung shifted his gaze to another presence. The man casually strode inside the hectic living room with a blank expression, causing the terrified souls within the space to freeze in their position.

"I'm here. Why are you searching for me?" Yangcha muttered, stepping forward in his casual clothes with a slight look of puzzlement.

Kim Taehyung sucked in his inner cheeks and glanced at me again as Yangcha passed him, so I shakily glanced back at the petrified elders. Jungkook scoffed in discontentment and turned to glower at the alpha's clueless appearance.

"Lee Seojun! You knew Philanthropy is struggling with the ongoing speculations! But you dared murder the superstar at the event?! What the fuck is wrong with you!?" Jungkook furiously accused the alpha of the crime without presenting valid evidence to back his claim. Yangcha calmly averted his blank stare to me and back to Jeon Jungkook, who was fuming in anger.