Alpha - A Mother's Sacrifice - Chapter 49

Flashback: After giving birth.

Sora's POV

"Please alert me if you feel any discomfort. The bleeding will last a few weeks," A nurse smiled as she checked my medical record on her clipboard.

"Are you sure the twins are okay? It's premature birth," I hoarsely muttered while staring at her as she adjusted the IV drip. I feel restless. Why did I give birth so early?

"They're resting well in the incubator. They were just a little impatient and chose to see their mother earlier than scheduled," The nurse assured, lightly patting my arm to comfort me. Smiling at her uplifting joke, I nodded in agreement while leaning back against the bed in exhaustion as the fresh stitches on my abdomen ached uncomfortably.

I shouldn't be worried. The head doctor and the nurses will care for the twins. Twins? I can't believe I'm going to raise identical baby boys!

"What about him?" I whispered, nodding at Taehyung. The alpha sprawled unconsciously on the couch with his mouth ajar. He fainted in the labor room, so the medics moved him to the suite and took me to the operating room to perform the C-section. He's been cold since. Why did he pass out like that? It must have been overwhelming.

"We treated the bump on his forehead. He should regain his consciousness soon," The nurse smiled, collected her tray, and strolled out of the room, leaving me in the hushed space to rest, so I exhaled heavily and glanced at Taehyung again. He's snoring.

Ah~ Why does it have to be my former lover, out of all people? He must've been very startled to find me screaming in the corporation with blood all over my clothes.

Should I call Yangcha? But he might hurry back from the trip if I inform him of my successful delivery. It's only been two days since he left... so I shouldn't disrupt his schedule. It had been years since he last saw his relatives.

Sighing, I nervously drew the blanket off my legs to expose the socks on my feet. Wiggle. I paused... unsurely staring at my toes. Wiggle. My toes wiggled again. Oh!

Wiggle. Wiggle. Wiggle. I kept wiggling my toes in disbelief.

"I can move?!" I shrieked, unconsciously leaping off the medical bed without thinking. Thump.

My jaw dropped in shock as I stared at my stable limbs while standing on the floor with my legs apart. I'm not sore or anything and I can effortlessly support my own weight! How is it possible!? I thought I'd be paralyzed forever, but this- this is a miracle! I miss my lovely legs~!

"Hah!" I shrieked, excitedly hopping on my feet to test my strength in pure contentment. I can walk again!- Oh! My knees suddenly wobbled, so I quickly crouched on the floor with a startled expression when my legs suddenly grew weak. Okay. Maybe I'm not ready yet. Groaning, I rubbed the sore stitches over my lower stomach and slowly stood up again while gripping the IV stand for support.

"One... two... three! Hehe!-" I grinned as I hopped forward to test the stability of my legs.

First step...! Second step...! Third step...!

I beamed brightly with my hands rested on either side of my hips as I stood in my shin-length medical gown. Creak. I grabbed the IV stand and pulled it with me as I funnily walked with my legs apart like a penguin because I felt more stable in the specific position.

"Oppa! I can walk!" I informed Taehyung as I walked up to him, but he was still unconscious, so I crouched down to smile at the yellowish bump on his forehead. Poke. I nudged his nose tip with a slight smile, causing him to stir awake upon the disturbance, so I lowered my hands and fondly watched him squint in discomfort while struggling to regain his consciousness.