Alpha - A Goddess - Chapter 24

Sora's POV

The overcast of lurking evil had entirely consumed the once-sacred ground of the elite institution, traumatizing every living soul with its menacing energy once they set foot inside the dead quiet premises. The crime scenes had been scrubbed and covered to polish the blood-soaked tiles and walls. But the chemical substance and intensive cleaning did not erase the lingering proof of death from the sites.

I sat unblinkingly at the back of the new lecture room after the principal shut down the previous room. He didn't want us to feel uncomfortable, and it definitely wasn't helping because the alphas knew... there was an imposter amongst them; any location could be the next crime scene. 

My world remained dim after the encounter with the Silent Killer. 

It was as if someone had installed a dark tint over my life. I felt hollow. Devoid of emotions. Yet... I was terrified. It's as if I'm walking blindfolded on the edge of a cliff. Ripples.. after ripples... of chills would sweep my skin as I sat in my seat with my empty gaze glued on the gloomy sky. I feel cold but not from the external atmosphere. The chill is seeping from within me.

My neck hair suddenly rose again at the subtlest sound of the soft whistling from the hushed corridor. Blinking out of my thoughts, I glanced at the alpha-packed class as they focused their gaze on the professor at the front of the room. I keep hearing the dreadful whistles. The death call. Gripping my desk nervously... I turned toward the transparent door to find... Jae Yangcha... passing by with a bag swung over his shoulder. 

My heart skipped a beat at his ominous presence- I could... literally feel my temples pulsating as he sideways turns to smile at me... quietly... passing by the lecture room without being detected. I fearfully glanced at Taehyung as he sat at the front of the class with Seokjin. But... no one seemed to notice... the sheep. How is it that he could move... in silence?

"Shit-" I gagged, quickly clasping my hand over my lips when I felt the urge to puke.

"Are you okay?" Jimin asked from the desk beside mine. I nodded at him and tried to stay quiet until a rush of discharge shot up my windpipe. Thud. I quickly got up from my seat, rushed out of the classroom without permission, and bolted as fast as I could... toward the bathroom.

Blurp. I frantically vomited into the toilet bowl in distress as my stomach rejected the heavy lunch I digested earlier in the canteen. My chest throbbed in discomfort as my head swayed from side to side until I emptied my system. Everything around me is out of focus again. Softly panting with my tearful eyes closed, I shakily straightened my back and flushed the toilet. Sora, you have to notify someone! I quietly washed my lips over the sink and lowered my face to recollect my cluttered mind in absolute silence. Should I tell Taehyung? Or Jungkook? I don't think I'm capable of handling this matter on my own. Slowly, I lifted my face to stare at my dreadful reflection with a troubled look. I am liable for the kills.

"Are you feeling unwell? I got you this," A voice spoke up. I immediately froze by the bathroom doorway after I stepped through the door frame to find someone waiting for me. My soul briefly expelled out of my body as I slowly... turned to find Yangcha leaning against the wall with a small bag in his hand. He weakly smiled at me as I tried my hardest to contain my shaken state.

"Thank you," I nodded, avoiding his attentive gaze as I reached out to accept his gift with shaky fingers. He suddenly grabbed my hand and firmly placed the bag in my palm, causing me to stiffen in place.

"You don't look too well. I'll take you for a refreshing breath," Yangcha suggested, brightly smiling at me in the vacant corridor. I gulped at his innocent energy but didn't get the opportunity to speak when he tugged my arm and led me away from the lecture room. I pursed my lips and fearfully turned to look at the empty corridor as the silent killer took me toward the emergency back exit and... I found myself standing on the windy rooftop with him. Yangcha carefully closed the door behind my back, so I turned to stare at a small wooden bench by the wall.