Alpha - Creams & Crumbs - Chapter 32

Third Person POV

Jeon Jungkook rubbed away the cold rainwater from his damp face while strolling out of the elevator after landing on the highest floor with his suit hanging from his forearm. Beep. The alpha scanned the card and opened the door, entering Jang Sora's private penthouse. He called her earlier, but her phone was unreachable, so he decided to drop by to ensure she was safe at home.

The supreme alpha was mopping a small puddle of water on the floor in her casual clothes. Jungkook halted in place. She lifted her gloomy face to stare at his wet shoes. Drip... Drip... more water splattered by the door as Jungkook stared at her grim expression.

"I couldn't get him to leave," Sora shrugged. Jungkook didn't budge and stared at her in confusion.

"What?" The alpha asked, unsurely questioning the unspecified pronoun. He?

Sora sighed and glanced at the kitchen, uneasily gripping the mop handle.

Cling... Cling... Cling...

The sound of empty bottles colliding against one another echoed monotonously throughout the place. Jeon Jungkook frowned once he realized there was movement in the kitchen, and cautiously rounded the corner without taking off his shoes, leaving behind his wet trails... to discover... a pair of long legs extended over the floor. The alpha stopped dead as soon as his eyes landed on a person.

Kim Taehyung... sat with his back pressed against the counter and head hung low. His hair... striking messily over his somber face. His clothes were soaked and his white socks were wet and dirty. The second-rank alpha tightly clutched a half-empty wine bottle in his hand as if his life depended on it, so Jungkook glanced at the other empty wine bottles... rolling freely over the floor.

"I can't run anymore because this is my home," Sora muttered. Jungkook frowned and lifted his gaze to her unbothered reaction as Taehyung sat unconscious against the counter.

"He came to you?" Jungkook asked, calmly drawing out his phone to contact someone.

"Yeah. Take him and leave. His wife must be worried about him," Sora nodded, putting the mop away in the bathroom. She returned to sit on the couch with her legs crossed as Jungkook stood with one hand on his hips.

"I found him. Kim Taehyung," Jungkook darkly spoke into the phone. The alpha glanced at Sora as she switched on the television with an unbothered look.

A moment later

Jang Sora's POV

I frowned at my packed living space in disbelief as the elders filled the room, disrupting my peace with their loud footsteps and chatter. Why did Jungkook call them?! He could've quietly brought him home! Do-hwan appeared with Jimin, so I scoffed and glanced at the television screen in disbelief. I just mopped the floor but the entire place is stained with muddy shoeprints again!

"You rascal!" Mrs. Kim cried, collapsing beside her son, who was now... resting on the couch. Taehyung's cheeks were rosy red from the alcohol influence and his forehead... glazed with a thick coat of sweat. Jungkook heaved the drunk man onto my crouch after he contacted the elders.

"Are you alright?" Jimin asked, approaching me anxiously.

The room buzzed loudly as the elders conversed about whatever- as if I didn't exist within the room. Why are they here!? I left the goddamn mansion because I didn't want to deal with their bullshit, but they followed me all the way to my private living space!? I grimaced, deeply sighing in irritation at their unannounced arrival at the penthouse.