Alpha - Blood Thirst - Chapter 36

Sora's POV

"Heesung-ah! Escort noona to the main street!" Halmeoni called for her grandson as we stood by the rusted gate.

"It's okay! Please take care of halmeoni~!" I smiled at Halmeoni's grandson as he hurried out of the gate to accompany me. He just returned home from school. It must've been an exhausting day, so I shouldn't burden him.

Halmeoni gave me a warm hug and we took a picture together before I said my farewell and left the alley to return to the main street. I chatted with halmeoni until her grandson returned home from his university. They warmly asked me to have dinner with them, but I declined and left because it was getting late. 

 Strut... Strut... Strut...

I turned to the left alley, expecting an exit leading to the main street but halted once I found myself on a tiny path. Huh...? I frowned at the unfamiliar location. Did I come the wrong way? I drew out my phone to check the map and followed the navigator when a notification popped up on the screen. No internet connection. I lifted my eyes to stare at the confusing alleys leading up and down the slope. Should I call Do-hwan? But there's no signal. Sighing, I lifted my phone above my head to search for the signal as I aimlessly walked through the confusing maze of identical alleys.

"Ah~ This is annoying. How are people living in this area without proper access to the internet...?" I grumbled, lowering my phone with a slight pout, and finally looked up to find myself standing at a dead end. Should I head back to Halmeoni's place to ask her grandson for assistance? I might get lost if I wander around. Sighing in defeat, I turned around to leave the area but stopped almost immediately once I noticed three men dressed in black clothing blocking the only path out of the alley. 

They stood motionlessly with the black masks over their faces, only their eyes were visible. I nervously swallowed at the alarming presence of the strangers as they sharply stared at me and glanced at the dead signal on my phone. Are they here to rob me?! But I don't have anything with me!

"Y-Yah! W-Who are you!?" I shrieked when they suddenly charged forward. 

The men didn't answer my questions as they cornered me against the concrete wall. I glanced back and forth to scan the area for another exit, but we were enclosed by the rusted fences. A man swiftly reached out to seize my arm, so I immediately shoved him away with a startled look. What's this!? Why are they after me!? The man scoffed at my resistance and tried to snatch my arm again. Are they the local thugs!? I yanked back with all my might, but he refused to release me.

"HELP!?- IS SOMEONE AROUND!- HELP!-" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I attempted to dash through the three men, but an arm found its way around my waist. My eyes widened in horror as the man yanked me backward with all his might. Fuck! He's crazy strong! I roughly swung my elbow backward to smash the man's face, causing him to grunt in pain at the impact. He loosened his grip, so I frantically scrambled toward the opening but was roughly hurled back by my hair. ARGH!

"URGH!" The man grunted in pain once I swung my balled fist at his face. SMACK. 

He toppled to the side as I weakly slammed into the wall. I need to get out of here! All three men suddenly charged forward, so I violently kicked a guy in the chest and twisted another person's arm as he tried to seize my shoulder. Argh! I flung the other man aside but lost my balance as he gripped tightly onto my sleeves. I screamed in horror as a firm-gripped head locked me from behind to stop me from attacking the other guy.

"Ah!" I gasped as the person shoved me hard against the wall, firmly pressing my face into the coarse concrete. Shit! I'm outnumbered! I furiously kicked the wall with all my might to shove my body away, sending the both of us flying backward at the force. THUD. I groaned in pain as I roughly landed on the ground but didn't dare whimper and quickly scrambled onto my feet- THUMP.