Alpha - Invisible Bruises - Chapter 40

Sora's POV

Click. Clack. Click. Clack. I sleepily yawned while walking through the empty corridor leading to my penthouse after wandering in the uncomfortable short heels. Beep. I scanned the card, pushed the door open, and slipped off my shoes to soothe my blistering ankles. I weakly leaned against the wall and lifted my right leg to rub my aching joint while clutching onto my handbag before lowering my feet to the floor for balance.

"Yangcha...?" I paused once I noticed the dark penthouse. Did he leave...? Where would he go at this time?

I tossed my bag on the couch, entered my bedroom to undress my torturing formal dress, and took a quick shower in the stall. The overtime work at the organization had left my brain sore and nerves aching from the continuous usage of my strained brainpower. I stared at my face in the reflection while wrapping the towel around my body and finally stepped out of the bathroom.

"Boo!" Yangcha shrieked, leaping out of nowhere.

"AH!- Yah-!?!?" I screamed, jerking backward in a panic at his abrupt presence, causing the towel to slip from my cleavage. Yangcha hysterically chuckled at my startled reaction as I held onto the bathroom handle with my eyes wide open in response to his mischievous manner.

"Did I scare you?" Yangcha asked, picking up the towel from the floor to pull it over my naked body. I glared at him in disbelief. Is he out of his mind?! I almost lost consciousness! The alpha chuckled at my slight frown, gently cupped my cheeks, and lowered his face to give me a soft peck as he held the damp towel over my shoulders.

"I had only one brain cell left from the tiring work. Did you have to scare me..?" I grumbled. Yangcha smiled and pulled me into a comforting hug. I exhaled and hugged his warm body as he held me in the towel, loosely covering my body. Ah~ All I need is to be recharged by his firm embrace. I closed my eyes and exhaled in relief with my nose pressed against his chest. I feel like I can instantly melt into his arms and immediately fall into a deep sleep.

"You told me you'll be home late, so I left earlier to order you a warm meal," He muttered. I pulled away from him, patted his firm cheek, and entered the closet to pull on my long-sleeved silk gown.

"You shouldn't wander around alone. The society might attack you," I mumbled, stepping out of the closet while combing my damp hair. Yangcha chuckled and followed me to the living room where a bag of packaged food was placed on the coffee table. I sighed and sat down to eat the food he brought me.

Yangcha figured I'd be too exhausted to cook the meals with fresh ingredients, so he got me the packaged dinner from a nearby restaurant. We chatted over the delicious meal about my work day until I finished the food. I finally brushed my teeth and slumped on the mattress, groaning softly as the painful soreness throbbed all over my body.

My muscles... It's so stiff. Yangcha pushed open the bedroom door with my heels dangling between his fingers after he picked it up from the doorway. He entered my closet to place it on the rack and finally sat at the foot of the bed as I lay on my stomach with my puffy cheek snuggled against the pillow. I'm so... exhausted.

"You should wear something comfortable," He mumbled, carefully lifting my feet to place them on his lap. Yangcha rubbed the cream onto my irritated ankles from the friction burn, so I exhaled and closed my eyes.

"Thank you for taking care of me," I mumbled. Yangcha didn't respond to my gratitude and continued massaging the base of my feet, gently kneading the strained muscles until I gripped the bedsheet in satisfaction. He eventually gave me a full back and shoulder massage until I fell asleep without realizing it.