Alpha - A Snowflake - Chapter 37

Third Person POV

"Prepare for your defeat," Jang Sora spoke up.

"What?" Taehyung frowned.

"I have six months left to overthrow you in the game, so make sure to fight with all your strength," Jang Sora exhaled, walking forward with an unbothered look. Kim Taehyung stood stiff in his place as she brushed by him.

And for the first time... Taehyung realized... he wasn't talking to Sora.

Her energy... it was dark... and cold. A sweep of goosebumps rose all over Kim Taehyung's body as the icy frost stung his skin.

He quickly turned to speak with her but sucked in his breath once he noticed... The thick vapor of the darkness... engulfing the supreme alpha's body.

The alpha stood paralyzed in his place.

Sora's POV

The carpet floor thumped monotonously with every step I took until I exited the vacant corridor to stroll over the polished marble floor. Imo stood frozen beside a few maids as my parents barged inside the mansion's door in bewilderment. They both gawked me up and down with their mouth ajar, too stunned to voice their concerns. My mother's almond eyes slightly widened in disbelief after confirming my factual existence as I halted before her and glanced at my father's pale expression.

They both stood in absolute shock as I stood with a poker face until the Kims rushed through the door with the Jeons. The elders must've anticipated my death- No. The entire society is shaken by my return because they thought I died at the hands of the unknown people.

I never submitted to death, yet they're acting as if... I rose from my grave.

The dead can't rise to the living realm once buried deep under the thick piles of dirt.

"S-Sora! Where have you been!?" Appa gasped, rushing forward to cradle me in his arms. The man tightened his crushing grips around my body, causing me to stiffen in place upon receiving his unexpected embrace.

When was the last time... my family held me with so much affection and warmth? I don't remember. They never comforted me before sending me abroad because I remember crying desperately for their mercy. I shifted my gaze to eomma's watery eyes. Even with the swelling tears over her glassy pupils, I couldn't tell if she was genuinely concerned or... if she was upset with my disappearance.

"Are you alright?!" Jungkook asked, pushing past the elders as appa pulled away from me. My father gripped my shoulders firmly to observe my face with a baffled... yet anxious frown. I glanced at the terrified elders.

"I'm fine," I answered, dully eyeing the devastated crowd before me.

Eomma's eyes suddenly flared in rage as she hastily stormed forward. Appa unsurely glanced at eomma's explosive reaction, but before he could stop her... The woman raised her hand to strike my face. SLAP. I stood stiff in my place with my face turned to the side as the warm handprint stung my cheek with the agitated force. Eomma fumed furiously before me, so I lifted my blank gaze to study the wall of tears... swelling over her eyes. As expected.

My mother doesn't shed tears because she's upset... but because she's furious with me. Did I hope for her to weep for me with her aching soul...? I should've known better than to expect love from a woman without a heart.

"What have you done!? Did you think this is amusing!? To disappear and reappear whenever you want?! We wasted our manpower and resources to search for you!-"