Alpha - Glass Heart - Chapter 29

Sora's POV

Taehyung sat beneath me with a startled yet confused look as we remained defenseless within the ring of loaded gun barrels. A powerful gust of wind blew hard over us until I felt my body vibrating from the chills of the night. I couldn't speak but stared at him, contemplating my next move. Do I fight for him? Or do I believe my own eyes? What will I do? I am lost and bewildered, but mostly... I am scared... of wrecking our love over the unexpected clash with a powerful household.

"Sora-"

"I said release her, or I'll fire!" Hoseok demanded, aggressively handling his gun when Taehyung tried to touch me. Taehyung immediately lowered his hand onto the pavement, yielding to Jung Hoseok's threat and glanced at my watery eyes with a startled look. I shakily lifted my hands upward, cupping his damp cheeks with a torn expression, and gently tugged his head against my shoulder to hold him.

"Put your guns down," I ordered, gulping the hot lump in my throat as a flush of tear streams trickled down my face.

"Sora! He-"

"I SAID PUT THE GUN DOWN! HE'S DEFENSELESS!" I snapped, angrily turning to glare at Hoseok. The guards stood their ground as they surrounded us with their weapons directed at Taehyung.

"Lower the weapons," Hoseok shakily commanded his men after maintaining intense eye contact with me. I gulped in relief while scanning the garden to ensure the deadly barrels weren't on Taehyung anymore. I'll be his shield for now. Until I figure out the truth. Taehyung abruptly pushed his heavy body off the pavement with his arm around my waist to lift our bodies off the ground. I quickly rotated my body to draw Taehyung behind my back as Hoseok and his guards bitterly stared at my decision to protect Kim Taehyung.

"What's with this fuss?!" Taehyung snapped, trying to push past me, but I firmly held him back. They might fire.

"M-Moh? The audacity to ask the question after you're caught red-handed trying to murder Min Yoongi?!" Hoseok snapped. Taehyung frowned at the alpha's allegation. He glanced down at my damp face for an explanation.

"What are you talking about? There's an attack?" Taehyung asked, lifting his clueless eyes back to Hoseok. I stared at Taehyung's startled reaction with a slight frown. Why is he...? Unaware...?

"Seriously?! You're purposely acting clueless in your drenched clothes?! Sora! Did you catch him or not?!" Hoseok shifted his stern eyes to me. I opened my lips to speak in fright as I struggled to defend Taehyung's involvement.

"I-"

"She tackled me onto the ground! So what?! And why are you accusing me of attacking Min Yoongi?!" Taehyung argued, hastily pushing me aside to face Jung Hoseok in irritation and carefully drew me behind his back to form a barrier between me and Hoseok's men. I gripped his forearm in fear when he marched towards Hoseok with his deadly darkness. The two alphas darkly glared at one another... tensing their body muscles with every breath they took. 

What's happening?! I was chasing the man- and I tackled him! And the culprit turned out to be Kim Taehyung! I witnessed his presence with my own eyes! And even fought with him?! What did I miss?!- Sora! Why would Kim Taehyung attack Min Yoongi? In the Jung's territory? That's a suicide mission!

A moment later.

"Don't touch me! I can walk!" Taehyung grunted, shoving the guards off his shoulder as they attempted to escort him. I walked by Taehyung's side with my eyebrows furrowed intensely to recall our bizarre encounter.

"Lock him up in his room," Hoseok ordered the guards as we arrived before the crowded mansion door. The other alphas and lower ranks were eyeing Taehyung suspiciously on the sides. Thump! Thump! Thump! We halted before the opened door when someone... came storming out of the mansion. Eomma appeared with her rageful glower on Kim Taehyung. I stared at her disgruntled scowl with a restless feeling- SLAP.