Alpha - Beautiful Woman - Chapter 27

Flashback: Morning after Taehyung and Sora made up.

Third Person POV

Kim Taehyung stirred on the mattress to adjust his numb left leg but couldn't move as a heavy mass slouched over his body. He groaned over the pillow at the suffocating humidity of his lover's warmth. Sleepily, he opened his eyes to find Sora snuggling her face against his cheek with her legs tangled between his.

The alpha tried to move again in an attempt to free his body but failed miserably because he was afraid of waking her. He surrendered to her firm grasp and relaxed his body on the mattress, quietly listening to Sora's stable breath with his eyes closed... until he felt something wet... dripping onto his lips. Taehyung frowned as he tasted the liquid with his tongue, slightly frowning at the blandness of the dense paste.

"Ah~ She's drooling~" Taehyung grunted under his breath, turning to find his girlfriend sleeping with her lips ajar. Her slimy drool... leaking from the corner of her lips... and onto his face. He scoffed in disbelief and lifted his head to stare at the position of their bodies... only to realize she had drawn over most of his blanket, leaving his body exposed to the cold atmosphere.

"Aigo~" Taehyung muttered, finally pushing his elbow against the mattress to sit up, carefully positioning Sora's head on the pillow. She stirred in her sleep at the slight disturbance, mouth open and hair dangling messily over her face. Taehyung weakly smiled at her not-so-appealing state. The dumpling's habit never changed. He thought. The alpha sealed Sora's lips, gently rubbing the excess saliva from her chin before tucking her in. He sleepily slid off his bed, bent down to pull on his shirt, and strolled out of the bedroom with his phone. It was almost dawn.

Taehyung pushed the front door open to welcome the early morning breeze. He stepped out to stretch his toned body while yawning before strolling into the garage to approach his sportscar. He got inside to sit in the driver's seat, drew out his phone and clicked on the application.

The alpha scrolled through his footage record of the day he visited Jae Yangcha's villa and as he anticipated... The dashcam somehow recorded the entire incident. Taehyung scoffed as he replayed the footage, finally lowering his forehead against the steering wheel as the heaviness subsided from his chest.

He had concrete proof to defend his innocence. The alpha wanted to announce the favorable news to his lover and the elders- but held back the urge... because he wanted to uncover his people's true nature. Kim Taehyung desired to confirm their loyalty to him, and the only person to proudly stand by his side despite his unforgiving situation was... Jang Sora.

Taehyung was frustrated with her stubbornness after she refused to respect his privacy... but her unwanted presence somehow made him feel at ease. He almost snapped at her in the bathroom until his mind went blank once he noticed her shivering under the shower as she fought to keep the water out of her eyes.

She doesn't like cold water. She hated freezing because of her past trauma in the sea. And yet... there she was... standing under the cold shower with him.

Sora might be a strong head, but Taehyung saw her determination to break through his walls. She refused to yield to her personal discomfort even as her sensitive skin burned bright red from being stung by the cold shower. Instead, Sora chose to embrace him. Her frail body... trembling out of control to hold him. And even if she had nothing with her but her defenseless shell, she offered her soothing embrace to her lover. Holding him in her arms despite being in a vulnerable state herself. Taehyung noticed her effort. Of course, he did. He had set up the cold shower to form a barrier... yet she walked right through it to reach him.