Alpha - Fair Trade - Chapter 21

Sora's POV

I groggily pushed my sore body off the couch to sit up with my eyes closed while groaning under my breath. My mind is fuzzy, and I feel like slumping back down for more sleep. The lightweight blanket slid off my shoulder as I struggled to open my blurry eyes. Again and again, my eyelids would droop. I eventually overcame the persistent drowsiness after fighting to recollect my dazed senses for approximately five minutes until I found a figure sitting on the opposite couch with his leg hooked over his kneecap.

I blinked once to fix my vision on Seokjin as he quietly read the newspaper with an unbothered look, so I sat in absolute silence to study his calmness with nothing in my head. The sun is glowing brightly over the city after the harsh storm swept the city clean with its relentless downpour.

"Wash up. I made you breakfast," Seokjin sighed, getting onto his feet and strolled into the kitchen without looking at me. I quietly watched him open a steaming pot to stir the soup. Why did I come to him? Sighing, I got up to wash my face. I halted by the sink when I noticed a pack of unwrapped toothbrushes. He's very considerate.

"Thank you for the meal... the shelter and... the toothbrush," I muttered, sitting opposite Seokjin as he quietly ate from his rice bowl. This reminds me of the first night we spent together.

"I can take you home, but Kim Taehyung won't be happy, so I'll call Do-hwan," Seokjin nodded, finally looking up at me with a neutral face.

"I'm sorry for troubling you," I muttered, lowering my face to lift my spoon.

"I don't mind your presence, but I don't wish to be involved in unnecessary trouble with your lover. You shouldn't have come running to my villa," Seokjin sighed as he stared at me from across the table with a bitter gaze. I weakly chewed the soft rice grain while eyeing his usual handsome face.

"You're right. Taehyung might hurt you-"

"I'm not afraid of Kim Taehyung. I can fight, but I'm afraid he'll hurt you. Kim Taehyung can't hurt me because I'm the upper rank, but he can abuse you... since your parents favor him," Seokjin cut me short. I stopped chewing to stare at him with a dejected expression. He's right. Taehyung can never hurt Seokjin... It is me... I'm the one to face his wrath.

"I didn't know where else to go... no one would welcome me but you. It was freezing cold and I only knew your address," I sighed, lowering my gaze to the soup in guilt. I know I shouldn't have returned to him... but I was at a dead end... and I desperately needed someone to help me. Seokjin watched me quietly from across the table without budging... before letting out a huge sigh.

"Sure. Your parents nor Taehyung can storm inside my mansion. It is the safest place for you," Seokjin shrugged.

"I won't cause you trouble anymore. I'll leave quietly," I sighed.

"About the child. I don't think my parents will let me take him in. You should ask another household," Seokjin apologetically stared at me.

"I'll ask Yoongi-"

"His parents won't even consider the proposal," Seokjin shook his head.

"Why-"

"The Min is also a new household. They don't have an alliance yet, so what makes you think they'll risk their lives to save the kid?" Seokjin asked. I pursed my lips at his question. I can't leave Yangcha in my mother's grip.

"I'll find a way to save him," I shrugged. There was a moment of silence between us as Seokjin quietly watched me eat his food.

"Did he hurt you?" Seokjin asked, lowering his gaze to the bruises on my arm.