AUTHOR'S NOTE

Book #1 in the 'Coloured After Party' Poetry Series.

'Coloured After Party' is my second poetry series after my debut one known as 'If Only Happiness...'

When everyone leaves, the night gets lonely with every passing minute. Keeping us in dilemma of wishing , making us think that the party must've gone for a little more time and then stripping from the freedom with the thoughts of what is going to come the next morning.

The bittersweet time of the night, when the party has just ended with glitter on the floor, balloons on the couch and tables and the decorations partially falling off. Everything around is a tattered proof of the fun you had and the clock on the wall is the warning of the future to come.

In this series, I look at this situation as if I am wearing colored filter glasses and try to condense my feelings into these sentences, I call poems.

---------

OUR VIOLET WALLS

Perhaps a metaphor to link the loneliness and lack of choice that is faced by a human when locked in a room without an exit door.

An exit door is a choice, the presence of freedom to leave when the necessity is felt, but when there isn't a visible exit door, what is left is only the hope of it's appearance.

I explore this very idea through the poems in this collection. Just that the room I am locked in has walls painted in Violet.

Violet- a depressing colour but also my favorite??

Hope you enjoy the read.

__________

All the rights are reserved. No part of this book is to be reproduced without permission.

Copyright ©️ 2022 | Luna Arsyn