Chapter 4 - Shi Fang's Restaurant

Daichi's POV

I felt the warm rays of the sun on my body. The cool morning breeze gently blowing around me. I was so excited I had a small skip in my step. As I looked around I saw trees of different shapes and sizes and various plants of all colors adorning the sides of the road. This village was mesmerizing.

There was no pollution in the air here or the screeching noises of the many vehicles that I was accustomed to back in my old world. With every breath of air, it felt like strength was flowing into my body.

As I was walking forward I realized that the orphanage was situated at the outskirts of the leaf village. I took a look back to take in the sight of the building. It was different from the one I remember watching in the story. So this must be another orphanage in the village. I remember reading in the description that this orphanage was built by Aiko with her funds and she was the one running it.

Quest Created - 'Scout out the village.'

Explore and find out more about the village. Find the different buildings and places in the village (0/7). Time limit: 7 Days.

Rewards:

1000 Exp

Rep increases with Leaf Village citizens.

Complete Quest in 3 days. (New Title) (Bonus)

Failure:

Rep decreases with Leaf Village citizens.

Rep decreases with Kensei Yasaji.

Accept (Y/N)

I was slightly surprised by a new quest appearing so soon but quickly accepted after reading the contents. I won't say no to more exp and with my knowledge and the time limit of 7 days, it would be easy for me to complete it.

I looked towards the old man who was walking beside me with a small smile.

"So where to?" I asked.

He had a grin when he answered. "Why don't we get some breakfast. I know a place that sells some of the most delicious foods in the village." I gave him a nod and looked ahead.

He had a serene expression as his left hand used the cane to help him take each step and his right hand folded behind his back. The old man walked slowly but had a measured gait. I walked beside him looking all around me. What the old man didn't know was that I was using my ability 'Observe' on everything that I set my eyes on.

'Observe'

[Oak tree]

A tall oak tree that was planted 33 years ago and is home to various species of birds and rodents. It is 72 feet in height and 8 feet in width. The branches reach up to 105 feet in length. It is a healthy tree and has strong and durable wood, excellent for furniture and carpentry work. The wood of this tree has a small resistance to water.

'Observe'

[Small Stone]

A hard earthen substance that came from a large rock. Mainly used in walls and foundational works.

'Observe'

[Squirrel]

HP: 18 CP: 8

A flying squirrel from the species of squirrels. It is four years old. They are not capable of flight like birds but they can glide from one tree to another using their wing-like membrane that stretches from wrist to ankles.