Chapter 104 - Follow the Root

Daichi and Lee could be seen doing push ups next to each other.

"So you'll be leaving at the end of this year?" Lee asked as he stretched his arms and pushed himself up from the ground.

"Yeah. Gramps wanted me to learn about his business in the capital. So I'll be gone for about 3 years. I'll come back by the time my class is ready to graduate." Daichi replied as he exercised alongside the boy.

"I see..."

Daichi could hear the hidden sadness in that reply. He didn't know what to say so for the moment he decided to keep quiet.

Suddenly Daichi saw Lee smile a big grin. "Yosh! When you come back, I'll definitely be a genin and we should spar. I can't wait to see how strong you will become after 3 years."

Daichi laughed hearing his excited tone. "Yeah. That sounds fun."

"499... 500! Yosh!" Lee and Daichi got up from the ground and then walked through the forest.

"How's your classes?" Daichi asked the boy.

"I'm concentrating on the taijutsu and theoretical classes as you said. My grades have slightly improved but it's still not enough. And those classes are sometimes confusing." Lee replied.

Daichi thought about that for a moment and had an idea in mind.

"Everyone learns differently... How about this? When you're trying to learn a difficult subject at home, I want you to put the book down and do a hundred hand stands or push ups as you read. I have a feeling that kind of method might work for a training nut like you. I'm not 100% sure it'll help you memorize everything but it's worth a shot."

Lee's eyes widened in excitement as he heard that. "Yes! That's a most brilliant idea. Thank you my friend Daichi."

He ran and gave Daichi a tight hug...

"Ghaa... Easy there." Daichi pried Lee's hands off him. "We need to get ready soon or we'll be late."

"Yosh! Let's race and see who makes it out of the forest first." Lee shouted.

Both of them ran as they counted to three. It was a usual thing and unsurprisingly it was Daichi who came first. Both of them went their separate ways afterwards.

Daichi headed home and freshened himself and got ready. He created three shadow clones to train the first step of the water chakra nature and left his home.

He arrived in his class a few minutes before the bell and the classes started as usual. He listened diligently and answered whatever questions were asked of him.

As he listened to a lecture about a subject he already knew his mind drifted to his grandfather.

'I wonder what that old man is doing right now?'

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Near the Fire Capital.

Kensei was inside a two story house he had only heard about and never been to before that day. He looked around and found several rooms with different types of equipment in each room.

'So this is the safe house created by Second Lord Hokage. Locations wise... The building isn't in a bad spot. It is not easily found or accessible and it is hidden and protected by seals that take energy from the surroundings... What kind of a seal does that?'

Kensei waited for the arrival of certain people. 'I wonder... Will she come? Hiruzen sent word that she agreed to a meeting... It seems the only thing I can do is wait...'