Chapter 116 - The New Apprentice: Daichi Hekima

A few minutes ago. - Tsunade's Apartment.

The last Senju watched the child seal the money and books back into the scroll.

"I'll be back in a week. Make sure not to skip town... Now, Lady Tsunade, if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of reading to do... Miss Shizune, Lord Jiraiya..."

With those words Tsunade watched Daichi and Kensei leave the room. As she quietly stood there Jiraiya spoke up.

"He's really talented, you know. And he's right. He could learn a lot from you. You said it yourself, his chakra control is excellent."

At those words Tsunade turned to Jiraiya. Jiraiya noted that she had an unusually serious expression which was unlike her these days.

"What's wrong?" Seeing her master's face, Shizune couldn't help but ask.

Tsunade didn't utter any words for several seconds. She was still trying to digest the information she learned after examining the boy's chakra network. After a while she answered.

"His chakra network and his control... It's.... It's perfect." Tsunade said in a low voice.

While Jiraiya only looked on in confusion to that statement, Shizune's eyes widened because she knew what her master was talking about.

"What?!! Lady Tsunade, that's... That can't be!" The young apprentice almost shouted.

"Are you saying I made a mistake?" Tsunade slightly narrowed her eyes.

"Of course not! But... Something like that. It should be impossible... right?"

Tsunade sighed and answered her apprentice. "Yes. It should be impossible... But I've checked. Thoroughly. His chakra control is precise. Absolutely perfect."

At this point Jiraiya interrupted them. "Umm... Yeah! For those of us not well versed in medical ninjutsu... Do you mind explaining? What exactly are you guys talking about?"

Tsunade looked at her former teammate and began to explain the situation.

"When someone uses chakra for anything, they unknowingly waste a lot of it. So to reduce this wastage and to use chakra more efficiently we came up with chakra control exercises. These exercises help one improve their control over the chakra their body expends."

Jiraiya agreed with that. "Right! Techniques like tree walking and water walking and such."

"Yes. The tree walking and water walking are just those for the standard ninjas. For medics there are even more difficult control refining techniques that they need to master." Shizune spoke.

Tsunade nodded and continued. "Now these techniques help increase a shinobi's chakra control and bring it to their absolute highest level as possible. But there will still be some small amount of chakra wastage. It's not something that we can overcome."

Jiraiya frowned at that. "Isn't your chakra control perfect? You're the best medic in the world. Some of the techniques you use can't be accomplished if you don't have perfect control... Right?"

Tsunade shook her head in disagreement. "My chakra control is only near perfect."

Seeing Jiraiya tilt his head in confusion, Tsunade elaborated. "How do I put this...? Over the course of the last decade, Shizune has mastered all the control techniques she could and brought her chakra control to the highest level she could achieve. If I had to put it in mathematical terms I'd say that her control over her chakra is over 90%. For reference, an ordinary ninja who learned tree walking and water walking would only have about 75 to 85 percent control."