Chapter 197 - Quest Failed?

Fire Capital.

A few hours before Daichi reached the Capital.

A man in a well dressed suit was standing on his balcony looking at the night sky. He had a melancholic expression as he looked at the stars.

'Soon you two... I'll see both of you very soon. I'll finally be with you.'

At that moment another person came and stood behind him. "Sir, I have news. It seems Yondu from the Royal court has gone to the Leaf village. Rumor at the hospital is that he is going to bring Daichi Hekima, the student of The Sannin and medic ninja Lady Tsunade, here to heal Leorio."

The man merely scoffed as he heard that. "Just as we expected. But at this late stage... It won't matter. There won't be anything he can do to save him. This poison was created by that man. It's not something a child can(Cough Cough)" The man suddenly started violently coughing into his hand. There was blood on his palms.

"My Lord. Here." The servant standing behind gave the well dressed man a small piece of cloth to wipe off the blood.

"Thank you... Junichiro... It doesn't matter who Yondu brings." The man took another gulp of air and continued. "Unless he brings Tsunade herself, there is no way... to save Leorio from death. And I made sure to put this plan in motion now when she was out of the country."

"But still my Lord, the head of the hospital believes the boy can save his life. He is not someone who speaks empty words." The servant now identified as Junichiro spoke.

"Is that so...? Well then, why don't you pay the hospital a visit and stick around. Find out what happens and report back to me."

Junichiro bowed as he heard his master's order. "Yes Lord Jedayu." He vanished from his spot leaving the sick man alone on his balcony. 'Daichi Hekima... Lets see if you can do the impossible?'

—-

Daichi had entered the isolation room and several people were waiting outside in anxiety. As the Minister and his wife waited for the good news another young woman soon came near them.

"I heard he's here. So I came as quickly as I could." The young woman spoke softly to Lady Fuyi.

"Yes. He's inside healing Leorio. He is our last hope." Taji replied with a small smile as he looked at the girl.

"But can he really do it? I heard he's only 12 years old."

"You needn't worry about that Lady Junko. Right now, Daichi is the best medic in this hospital. If there is anyone who can save your fiance, it's him. Lady Tsunade taught her students well." It was Dr. Karuizawa who spoke these words. He had faith in the boy's skills.

Genma's who stood leaning against the wall had a smirk as he heard the doctor. His opinion of the boy was increasing day by day. 'Looks like the kid has a fan... Daichi's talents are truly incredible. To be compared to someone as accomplished as Lady Tsunade herself at such a young age.'

Yondu came near the Mayima family and spoke. "I understand your fears. But for now all we can do is wait and pray."

The group nodded and waited. More than two hours passed by with no news.

Dr. Karuizawa was slightly tense. Despite his strong faith in the boy, the person who was lying in critical state was the nephew of the minister. If anything happened, he didn't even want to think of the consequences he would face. 'Come on... Only you can save his life.'

The group patiently waited and after about half an hour more they saw the boy coming out of the room.

Daichi walked out of the isolation room and looked at the people present. There was the 3rd Minister and his wife, a young woman who Daichi quickly used 'Observe' and identified as Leorio's fiance Junko Sekari, the messenger of the Royal court Yondu, head of the Fire Capital Hospital Dr. Karuizawa, his temporary Jonin instructor Genma Shiranui and several guards of the Mayima family.