Chapter 51 - Battles in the 2nd Dungeon 04

The two fighters moved at the same time. Within a second they reached the middle of the field and resumed their battle.

"Claang..."

You have sensed killing intent.

Blades clashed and sparks flew in the air. Murderous killing intent filled the air as both fighters looked to cut down their enemy. Even though their fight was gruesome, it had its elegance.

Every step, every motion, the dungeon ninja made was elegant and covert. While Daichi's sword swings were filled with fierce intent and brute force. But it had its own beauty as well.

Every second several swings rained down against each other. Daichi and his opponent blocked, deflected or outright avoided the attacks while maintaining vigilance on their surroundings. Daichi's current sword skills paled in comparison to the dungeon ninja.

'This guy. He's far better than me. If it wasn't for my speed he would have taken my head by now. I need to keep fighting him and improve my sword skills. That's the only way I'll beat him if I fight like this.'

Daichi concentrated on every motion his enemy made and tried to study it. His intelligence gave him faster understanding of not just theory or concepts but also of the physical skills he observed.

Skill Sword Mastery's level has risen by one.

Daichi slightly smirked as he parried another slash from his enemy. Seeing his attacks not getting through, the dungeon ninja decided to switch attack patterns. He disappeared from Daichi's field of view.

'He vanished. His footwork is incredible. His speed increased and he was able to completely evade my attacks.' Daichi immediately used the chakra sense skill and enhanced his eyes, ears and nose.

Suddenly like a specter appearing out of nowhere the ninja appeared behind Daichi and slashed down. But luckily Daichi found his enemy in time to block the attack. The moment Daichi blocked the attack the enemy disappeared from his view.

'Damn it! Disappeared again. Right now the broken shuriken all around is definitely slowing him down. This terrain is to my advantage. His speed decreased by a small margin when he came to attack. So I was able to block it. But I doubt it will be like this for long.' Daichi didn't want his enemy to take him by surprise. He wanted to be the one to make the next move.

"Claaang..."

Sparks flew as Daichi blocked another sword swipe. Seeing his attacks blocked, the dungeon ninja jumped back and focused chakra into his sword. A blue hue could be seen around the weapon.

'What is he doing?'

Daichi wondered only for a second before his eyes widened in realization. The enemy ninja slashed several times in a second sending strong gusts of wind and several wind blades.

The moment he realized what was about to happen, Daichi pushed chakra to his legs and jumped as fast as he could. The next instant the area he was standing in was blown away by several powerful wind slashes. Most of the scattered sharp metals on the ground all got blown away by the strong wind attack.

Daichi safely landed several meters away from the destroyed ground. His eyes never left his foe. The ninja lowered his hand and looked at Daichi. The next instant he disappeared and appeared in front of Daichi and slashed down.

Daichi used both hands and coated his sword with chakra flow and deflected the attack. Both of them started to fight ferociously. Their blades clashed several times per second. The strength with which they clashed caused a small wind storm to be formed around them.